British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   uh ohh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/uh-ohh-315608/)

AlanH Jul 23rd 2005 2:43 pm

uh ohh

Looks like I could be in trouble here....I married a lady here last year, she kept making promises about getting paperwork done but nothing ever happened, She thwarted my every attempt to get them sorted myself and is now saying it is time for me to go, She is kicking me out of our appartment with no money and no means. I feel as though I am trapped between a rock and a hard place. There is nowhere for me to go as she has prevented me from making friends she has warned me to keep away from her sister and others or she will make trouble. I am both too old and tired for all this sort of stuff to happen, but I really would prefer here to back in the uk. Can anyone help?

fatbrit Jul 23rd 2005 2:48 pm

Re: uh ohh

Originally Posted by AlanH
Can anyone help?

Sure -- go to the airport and catch a plane. Where's the problem here?

AlanH Jul 23rd 2005 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Sure -- go to the airport and catch a plane. Where's the problem here?

errrr, tickets cost money, she bled me dry ..... I know, there is no fool like an old fool

NJ_Dave Jul 23rd 2005 2:54 pm

errrr, tickets cost money, she bled me dry ..... I know, there is no fool like an old fool

Wait till she's out of the house and hold a garage sale. Sell all of her stuff and head straight for the British Airways ticket desk at the nearest ariport.

AmerLisa Jul 23rd 2005 2:58 pm

How are you posting? If you've been kicked out, where are you staying? What kind of visa are you over here on? If she's your sponsor, then she has to have some sort of responsibility, doesn't she?

fatbrit Jul 23rd 2005 2:59 pm

Credit cards, friends/relatives wire, beg the airlines at the desk, beg your UK bank for an overdraft, sell your stuff, stand at a freeway ramp with a cardboard sign.

Don't bother with the w*ankers at the Brit Embassy -- that'll just get you frustrated.

AlanH Jul 23rd 2005 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How are you posting? If you've been kicked out, where are you staying? What kind of visa are you over here on? If she's your sponsor, then she has to have some sort of responsibility, doesn't she?

I am not leaving here until absolutely necessary. Just in case there is some last ditch stand i can make. i have no sponsor, no status. She is not able to sponsor,because her tax records are useless, my sister, she is a PR, refused as soon as she realised she needed her 3yr tax records. Only person who was willing is Bro and Sis-in=law. But it all seems futile now.

AmerLisa Jul 23rd 2005 3:12 pm

I am not leaving here until absolutely necessary. Just in case there is some last ditch stand i can make. i have no sponsor, no status. She is not able to sponsor,because her tax records are useless, my sister, she is a PR, refused as soon as she realised she needed her 3yr tax records. Only person who was willing is Bro and Sis-in=law. But it all seems futile now.

So how did you get over here? You didn't just glide in without some kind of visa. If you're over here expecting your wife to do some kind of magic paperwork, then you're in for a shock.

Brit'n'TX Jul 23rd 2005 3:20 pm

your best bet would seem to be the troglodyte embassy ...

Bob Jul 23rd 2005 4:28 pm

Closed it because he reposted in the visa section.