Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UCrate alternative

UCrate alternative

Old Jul 19th 2011, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really nice
Default UCrate alternative

Hi all,
I'm moving to the UK next March via Cunard's Queen Victoria so I'll be able to take loads of bags with me on the ship. Since I also don't have a collection of Luis XV vintage furniture, I didn't want to spend tons of money on shipping. I found this new service from Upack-WeShip (which has had some mixed reviews I'll admit); however, this is a crate that you pack and lock and they'll ship to your UK address. So we're packing books etc in plastic containers (from Staples) and have quite a bit of space to pack our sound system (expensive to replace), computers, monitors (big nice and shiny), some bulky bedding and telescopes.
They have two sizes 50 & 100 cu, you take your stuff to their location and pack it yourself, it is then delivered to your UK address.their info below:

Area 50 Cube Crate 100 Cube Crate
Collect U Crate from one of our 88 terminals or load it at the terminal and we ship it through to your curbside in mainland UK. Transit time is approximately 5-6 weeks
Deduct $300 / 50 cu ft & $600 / 100 cu ft crate if you can load at our Charleston SC terminal.
Outside U Crate 50 cu ft dims 43”x48”x42” high, 100 cu ft dims 86”x48”x42” high. Not available in Canada
England $1075 $1731
Ireland $1177 $1760
Scotland $1160 $1742
Wales $1151 $1736