Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

U.S. Money Order/K-3

U.S. Money Order/K-3

Old Sep 10th 2002, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.S. Money Order/K-3

Does anyone know whether it makes any difference if the money order purchased to pay for the immigration fees for the K-3 visa is bought in the U.S. or from an International Bank (still U.S. funds)?

I'm concerned that they might wonder why it wasn't purchased in the U.S. (My husband and I split the fees, he paid the first fee of $130 and I'm paying the second one, $110) I was just going to send it to him to include with the forms when he sends them in.

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 11th 2002, 12:25 am
News.Rcn.Com

Default Re: U.S. Money Order/K-3

no, it does not matter.. as long as the check cashes when they try to cash
it.

"Susie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know whether it makes any difference if the money order purchased to
    > pay for the immigration fees for the K-3 visa is bought in the U.S. or from an
    > International Bank (still U.S. funds)?
    > I'm concerned that they might wonder why it wasn't purchased in the U.S. (My
    > husband and I split the fees, he paid the first fee of $130 and I'm paying the
    > second one, $110) I was just going to send it to him to include with the forms when
    > he sends them in.
    > Any thoughts?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 11th 2002, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

PRESIDENT is an unknown quantity at this point

However, it is advisable to issue a check from your account. This way, you have a paper trail as to when the application was recieved and processed.

Originally posted by News.Rcn.Com:
no, it does not matter.. as long as the check cashes when they try to cash
it.

"Susie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know whether it makes any difference if the money order purchased to
    > pay for the immigration fees for the K-3 visa is bought in the U.S. or from an
    > International Bank (still U.S. funds)?
    > I'm concerned that they might wonder why it wasn't purchased in the U.S. (My
    > husband and I split the fees, he paid the first fee of $130 and I'm paying the
    > second one, $110) I was just going to send it to him to include with the forms when
    > he sends them in.
    > Any thoughts?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Sep 11th 2002, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies!!

Originally posted by PRESIDENT:
However, it is advisable to issue a check from your account. This way, you have a paper trail as to when the application was recieved and processed.