Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

U.S. education system

Wikiposts

U.S. education system

Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:57 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. education system

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
"on our map"??

I bet her map looks like this:

http://www.etsu.edu/scitech/entc/images/us-map.gif

Go on, lay a pin on that; there's a 33% chance she'd get it correct.
OI! Thats where my wife went. She did get a full ride so she was at least in the upper half of her class!

Have to say though, a lot of her girlfriends from there are as thick as pig shit
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:01 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

pickups
pizza
Budweiser (select)
cutoff jeans for hot women
NFL
flip flops
drive throughs
well I score 7

I just cleaned my pickup out wearing flip flops and drinking bud select and earlier I went to a bank of america ATM - 4 in one afternoon...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:29 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
The South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen USA pageant was asked (on live TV) why only 20% of Americans can identify the USA on a world map. She answered with an incoherent ramble that included multiple mentions of Iraq and South Africa...
Actually it was "the Iraq". Quite classic!

Originally Posted by TruBrit
world series ohhh pleeeezzee that so makes me
Me too! I downloaded a bunch of Eddie Izzard albums the other night and he references the "world" series and how odd it is that the US has won every single time.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
getting back on topic, did you see her considered reply after thinking about it.....

"I would love to re-answer that question," Upton said. "Well personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on our map. I don't know anyone else who doesn't. And if the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography."
Anyone else note that she still didn't actually answer the question then either?

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
well I score 7

I just cleaned my pickup out wearing flip flops and drinking bud select and earlier I went to a bank of america ATM - 4 in one afternoon...
You yank!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 1:31 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Because you love it here! You just can't admit it to yourself. You love McDonalds and fried chicken and giant puffy Lazy Boy Recliners and pickups and country music and pizza and Budweiser and cutoff jeans and those tanktops with the built in bra and Chinese Buffets and shopping at the Mall and cowboy hats and Truck Nutz and Harleys and TV commercials and Dairy Queen and the NFL and flip flops and drive throughs and the World Series and snowcones in July....

I wasn't aware that flip-flops were quintessentially American, and I just wear sandals anyway. Going to invest in some crocs soon. I go to the drive-through at my bank, but that's it. I've no idea what a snowcone even looks like... what is it? I've only spent nearly 12 years here...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:00 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I wasn't aware that flip-flops were quintessentially American, and I just wear sandals anyway. Going to invest in some crocs soon. I go to the drive-through at my bank, but that's it. I've no idea what a snowcone even looks like... what is it? I've only spent nearly 12 years here...
That's 12 years wasted if you've never had a snowcone! It's ground up ice in a cone shaped paper cup with liquid flavoring poured over it. It could be in a regular shaped cup too, but the cone is traditional.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. education system-23044376.jpg  
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:01 pm
Maz

That's 12 years wasted if you've never had a snowcone! It's ground up ice in a cone shaped paper cup with liquid flavoring poured over it. It could be in a regular shaped cup too, but the cone is traditional.
Aah that's a snowcone! (ick...)

Thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Aah that's a snowcone! (ick...)

Thanks.
Ick?

How can a snowcone be ick? It's just crushed ice with flavor added!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:22 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

So that's what a dumb blonde is..

Because you love it here! You just can't admit it to yourself. You love McDonalds and fried chicken and giant puffy Lazy Boy Recliners and pickups and country music and pizza and Budweiser and cutoff jeans and those tanktops with the built in bra and Chinese Buffets and shopping at the Mall and cowboy hats and Truck Nutz and Harleys and TV commercials and Dairy Queen and the NFL and flip flops and drive throughs and the World Series and snowcones in July....

Tell us more about these..
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:31 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by anabella

My wife sleeps in 'em sometimes and they're much easier to remove than a regular bra....

That's about all I know...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:38 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I've not owned a bra since I stopped breast feeding 18 years ago...
My friends breast cancer doctor said that if women needed unwire they would be born with it....
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krizzy
I've not owned a bra since I stopped breast feeding 18 years ago...
My friends breast cancer doctor said that if women needed unwire they would be born with it....
Compression/overheating is believed to be bad for breasts - but fashion seems to be more wire and uplift than ever.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:57 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by anabella

OK, according to Mrs. ABY, they are much more comfortable than a regular bra, they are more like a sports bra but without all the smashing and uniboob look.

She likes the "Jockey" kind, here is an example: http://www.barenecessities.com/Jocke...NEW_,size,.htm
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

OK, according to Mrs. ABY, they are much more comfortable than a regular bra, they are more like a sports bra but without all the smashing and uniboob look.

She likes the "Jockey" kind, here is an example: http://www.barenecessities.com/Jocke...NEW_,size,.htm

They sure do look more comfy than a bra..
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The only problem I find with those, which I thought were fab to start with, is that the elastic can cause a skin reaction. There was a thread about it in the Aus forum.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Compression/overheating is believed to be bad for breasts - but fashion seems to be more wire and uplift than ever.
Oh I cant go out without my wire & uplift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.