Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

U.S. education system

Wikiposts

U.S. education system

Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:27 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. education system

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You bought a set of Truck Nutz didn't you.
You forgot the furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror.......
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:29 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You forgot the furry dice hanging from the rearview mirror.......

Err, that would be another 5th amendment job.....both cars! Well, my 5 year old won them at school.....what am I supposed to do???
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

In elementary school, we had to learn all the states by shape along with capitals of course.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:30 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Err, that would be another 5th amendment job.....both cars! Well, my 5 year old won them at school.....what am I supposed to do???
Well exactly! They are too large for earrings.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
In elementary school, we had to learn all the states by shape along with capitals of course.
Isn't there a song with all of the capitals?

Edited to add - here it is! Love this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8aZp6TnL08

Love this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2YR8...elated&search=

Anyone remember these?

http://www.school-house-rock.com/Shot.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TQByv_xkuc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVo3...elated&search=

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Aug 28th 2007 at 1:45 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Well you'll be happy to know that a high score is not a visa requirement.

So, what three? C'mon, you can tell me...
Now to be fair ABY - you've quoted redneck America for the most part!

Though I'd have to admit to 5 on that list.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:19 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Now to be fair ABY - you've quoted redneck America for the most part!

Though I'd have to admit to 5 on that list.
I just posted the first things that popped into my head.

Edit: So which 5?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Edit: So which 5?
Fried chicken, pizza, the mall, the NFL, and flip flops.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:11 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago I was sitting in an outside cafe enjoying my Guardian (International Edition) and an espresso. We were in Bratislava, close to the Austrian border. A trio of young Yanks arrived, sat down and eventually managed to order beers -- took them a while as the waitress didn't speak English and their communication skills were minimal. Even though I was at the other end of the patio, they were so loud it was impossible not to follow their full conversation. They'd been to some shin dig for young people at UNO and hired a car to drive around. They weren't sure where they and thought that they might be in another country since they didn't think the menu was German and they'd had to show their passports at a border crossing. But they had no idea where they were or what language was being spoken. When they finished, they tried to pay in dollars, but the waitress refused. One of them set out to find a bank, returning half an hour later with a sorry tale of woe and dismal failure. Waitress took their dollars, no doubt screwing 'em blindly.

If you have no idea which country you're in, it's pretty sad in my book.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:07 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be a terrible state of affairs worldwide. More geography classes obviously needed everywhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6074202.stm
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:09 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mallory
Seems to be a terrible state of affairs worldwide. More geography classes obviously needed everywhere.

wow, you sure spend a lot of time googling
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mallory

Yeah but...South Africa...no but...
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:05 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Years ago I was sitting in an outside cafe enjoying my Guardian (International Edition) and an espresso. We were in Bratislava, close to the Austrian border. A trio of young Yanks arrived, sat down and eventually managed to order beers -- took them a while as the waitress didn't speak English and their communication skills were minimal. Even though I was at the other end of the patio, they were so loud it was impossible not to follow their full conversation. They'd been to some shin dig for young people at UNO and hired a car to drive around. They weren't sure where they and thought that they might be in another country since they didn't think the menu was German and they'd had to show their passports at a border crossing. But they had no idea where they were or what language was being spoken. When they finished, they tried to pay in dollars, but the waitress refused. One of them set out to find a bank, returning half an hour later with a sorry tale of woe and dismal failure. Waitress took their dollars, no doubt screwing 'em blindly.

If you have no idea which country you're in, it's pretty sad in my book.
It's not my fault. I don't have a map.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:10 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Leslie66
It's not my fault. I don't have a map.
I had one but Alaska and Hawaii weren't states yet.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:19 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Gar gar
Garage?

Looking at the clip... Aimee Teegarden had to use a card to ask the question??!!?? She can't remember a simple question?

Also, I'm worried about the other 4/5ths of the poll..... is their standard of english the same as Miss Carolina/Teen USA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.