Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

U.S. education system

Wikiposts

U.S. education system

Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. education system

Originally Posted by Titchski
To be fair, thats the equivalent of many "yeah but no but yeah bu Wha'evvvvva!" types in the UK. Much nicer looking, but still as vacuous.
Yeah, at least she's not wearing a hoody and you'd not need a paper bag.

Anyway, I'm sure her nerves contributed most to that performance.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue what she was talking about, she just seemed to string some random words together
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I have no clue what she was talking about, she just seemed to string some random words together
I love it when women do that...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
OK, what's it about, please? Youtube is blocked...
The South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen USA pageant was asked (on live TV) why only 20% of Americans can identify the USA on a world map. She answered with an incoherent ramble that included multiple mentions of Iraq and South Africa...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:30 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
The South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen USA pageant was asked (on live TV) why only 20% of Americans can identify the USA on a world map. She answered with an incoherent ramble that included multiple mentions of Iraq and South Africa...
Had I been asked that question, I would have given an identical answer. I mean hell, what do you say to a question like that? "Because most Americans have never had to find the US on a world map after completion of the 1st grade?"
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:33 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

OK, what's it about, please? Youtube is blocked...
Question to Miss South Carolina: "Recent polls have shown that a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Miss SC's reply: "I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because, er, some people out there in our nation don't have maps. And, er, I believe that our education, like such as South Africa and, er, Iraq, everywhere like such as. I believe that, er, they should, er, our education over here in the US should help the US, or should I say should help South Africa and shoud help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future."

Last edited by Knight; Aug 28th 2007 at 6:36 am.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

That's hilarious.

A couple of weeks ago my brother in law was visiting relatives in Italy, and he met a couple over on holiday from New York. He couldn't believe it when he overheard the female New Yorker asking her boyfriend what language they speak in England... he was even more amazed when the boyfriend answered "er I know, they speak American!"

Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:41 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Knight
Question to Miss South Carolina: "Recent polls have shown that a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Miss SC's reply: "I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because, er, some people out there in our nation don't have maps. And, er, I believe that our education, like such as South Africa and, er, Iraq, everywhere like such as. I believe that, er, they should, er, our education over here in the US should help the US, or should I say should help South Africa and shoud help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future."
Perfect! Just perfect...........
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:48 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adnams
Can someone remind us why we are all here?
now that's quite laughable.... i can't answer that coz i really don't know
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:07 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by TruBrit
now that's quite laughable.... i can't answer that coz i really don't know
Because you love it here! You just can't admit it to yourself. You love McDonalds and fried chicken and giant puffy Lazy Boy Recliners and pickups and country music and pizza and Budweiser and cutoff jeans and those tanktops with the built in bra and Chinese Buffets and shopping at the Mall and cowboy hats and Truck Nutz and Harleys and TV commercials and Dairy Queen and the NFL and flip flops and drive throughs and the World Series and snowcones in July....

Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Because you love it here! You just can't admit it to yourself. You love McDonalds and fried chicken and giant puffy Lazy Boy Recliners and pickups and country music and pizza and Budweiser and cutoff jeans and those tanktops with the built in bra and Chinese Buffets and shopping at the Mall and cowboy hats and Truck Nutz and Harleys and TV commercials and Dairy Queen and the NFL and flip flops and drive throughs and the World Series and snowcones in July....

Now I do admit to buying the Boy Snowcones
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Knight

All done with a lurching lower lip giving the effect it had been dubbed from Mongolian

She was probably nervous though.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adnams
Oh my god there is simply no hope left for this country. Can someone remind us why we are all here?
Shouldn't that be "Where are we?"
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:21 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by britvic
Now I do admit to buying the Boy Snowcones

The Boy, eh? None for you?

I wish I had one right now. Large grape please...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:22 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

i admit to flip flops out of your list and that's it but i can get those at home in blighty

world series ohhh pleeeezzee that so makes me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.