Tv's

Old Oct 31st 2012, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

fee6488 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tv's

Hi
I am returning to belfast from Florida and have many large screen tv's.DOes anyone know if we did bring them back to Ireland ,would there be any hope of them working over there .-Any help would be appreciated ....Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2012, 8:02 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tv's

Originally Posted by fee6488
Hi
I am returning to belfast from Florida and have many large screen tv's.DOes anyone know if we did bring them back to Ireland ,would there be any hope of them working over there .-Any help would be appreciated ....Thanks
Not sure of the exact correct answer but I do know this has been addressed in detail before - maybe try the Advanced Search facilty to search on this forum for "TV"? Thread themes that come up frequently often don't get a lot of responses because people don't want to repeat information they've already posted (often recently).
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

It is my understanding depending on their age and make(brand), you should have no problems. Most new HDTV's can switch between 110v and 110-220V and if not you can get a Voltage convertor. If your large screen is like ours even the power plug can be easily changed, just unplug it from the back of the set and replace with a uk cord.

Your TV also needs to support a 50Hz signal most US TV's support 60Hz

Samsung is an exception to the above so I hope yours are not Samsungs.

Some members just say sell your TVs and buy new when you get to the UK but I am Cheap and that to me is not very cost effective since TV's in the UK are as much in pounds as they are in dollars and then some and what you can sell a used TV for here in the States is only pennies on the dollar. Since we are shipping our belongings anyway our TVs are making the journey with us
Old Nov 5th 2012, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

fee6488 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply.yes I am a bit cheap to lol yes you are right. people offer you a few hundred dollars for a Tv that is less than a couple of years old and it original price was a couple of thousand.
Anymore advise would be well received.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 1:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fee6488
Thanks for the reply.yes I am a bit cheap to lol yes you are right. people offer you a few hundred dollars for a Tv that is less than a couple of years old and it original price was a couple of thousand.
Anymore advise would be well received.
Have you tried the Search facility? I don't think you will get much response to this thread because this topic has been covered extensively before and people get tired of repeating themselves. You might strike lucky, though, if someone is feeling generous or bored.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Fee6488,
We brought back three US tv's recently.
The largest, a 40" Sony Bravia doesn't work, but the other two work perfectly.
I use a plug adaptor, and plugged them into the digital box using the HDMI cable. They all coped with dual voltage.
I don't know if the size of the 40" made it more fragile and less transportable.
HDMI seems to make the whole thing so much easier!