Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

Wikiposts

tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:07 pm
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all
Default tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

I spoke to some friends of mine who live in the UK they were telling about these so called programes i.e place in the sun, get a new life which shows how easy it is for Brits to emigrate to the USA, I must of missed something when we were waiting to emigrate to the USA it took us 18 months to get here red tape etc I am lucky enough to be an Registered Nurse which are in short supply in the USA as in the UK we are lucky to be Green Card holders. My friends told me not once do these shows mention how hard it is to get visas and what is involved in the process. No wonder so many Brits think they can just walk in to the USA. I think a show on how hard it is to emigrate might be more balanced and accurate.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tv series in uk decpicting how easy to emigrate overseas

I know, funny isn't it...and on the soaps, get married and get a greencard the same day, citizenship even
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:18 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess.............they settled in Florida!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:19 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I know, funny isn't it...and on the soaps, get married and get a greencard the same day, citizenship even
I always wondered how Sharon Watts and 'Chel from Easties managed to trot off here and set up in Miami.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sibsie
I always wondered how Sharon Watts and 'Chel from Easties managed to trot off here and set up in Miami.
As with SRNs theres a shortage of miserable pram-faced cockney bints in the US ....
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:32 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by fatbrit
good god what makes you think that?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
good god what makes you think that?
Experience....
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:38 pm
ImHere

Experience....
Just because Florida is constructed entirely from Gold and Candy. Infact I got a dent in my truck yesterday...turns out a gold nugget had flicked out of the road surface and hit my wing.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Just because Florida is constructed entirely from Gold and Candy. Infact I got a dent in my truck yesterday...turns out a gold nugget had flicked out of the road surface and hit my wing.
...and you found out that under all that paint, your truck was made entirely of candy?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:13 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
...and you found out that under all that paint, your truck was made entirely of candy?
yeah...its a bit of a bugger really coz it keeps melting in the heat.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

yeah...its a bit of a bugger really coz it keeps melting in the heat.

theres a joke there somewhere..trucks and yorkees..just cant get to it!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:05 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

And then the British media say that the US media don't tell Americans the truth!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:13 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dragonfly
I spoke to some friends of mine who live in the UK they were telling about these so called programes i.e place in the sun, get a new life which shows how easy it is for Brits to emigrate to the USA, I must of missed something when we were waiting to emigrate to the USA it took us 18 months to get here red tape etc I am lucky enough to be an Registered Nurse which are in short supply in the USA as in the UK we are lucky to be Green Card holders. My friends told me not once do these shows mention how hard it is to get visas and what is involved in the process. No wonder so many Brits think they can just walk in to the USA. I think a show on how hard it is to emigrate might be more balanced and accurate.
I see this every day.......from different forums.......and in my mail box....people asking about visa's after seeing one of those shows...... I'm sure the people giving out visa's are getting fed up with people asking to move over because they own one or two rental homes in Orlando......
Old Jul 21st 2005, 1:16 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Well with 3000 Brit rental home owners in one small part of the Four corners area of Polk alone and rising everyday.....FL is the place Brits want to be or so it seems.......
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:44 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by krizzy
Well with 3000 Brit rental home owners in one small part of the Four corners area of Polk alone and rising everyday.....FL is the place Brits want to be or so it seems.......

Well Florida is the new Costa Blanca isnt it? All those hot lazy days doing nothing but laying around the pool sipping pina coladas and watching the $$$ just turn up without lifting a finger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.