Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Turkey Leftovers

Turkey Leftovers

Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:25 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Turkey Leftovers

I remember from my 'Good Housekeeping' magazines that cooked turkey, chicken, beef etc. should be consumed within three days after cooking it or you run the risk of food poisoning (Ray obviously thinks so too). :scared:

Why not buy a smaller turkey next time? For the three of us we just had a fresh turkey breast which still left plenty for leftovers.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Turkey Leftovers

Cream of turkey is another and turkey hash goes very nice with toast.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Branston should be a doddle to find. You you have a jewel osco nearby. Any store that carries British stuff is almost guaranteed to have it.
The bread bit might be a bit harder mind you.
No costco around, Sam's club doesn't to it, not even the local co-op, have to mail order it or something, but i might try the recipe someone posted sometime...and bread, well the local co-op normally has really nice bread, but the bakers they get it from, in the next town went on holiday for a fews days and closed up shop, so there weren't any bread....which was rather weird
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Why not buy a smaller turkey next time? For the three of us we just had a fresh turkey breast which still left plenty for leftovers.
Because it was free, FIL gets given one every thanks giving and x-mas from boss, local organic farmer bloke is brother to boss or somin' like that...so we end up with most of the left overs, only a tiny bit left now anyway
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm all out of ideas...I've got a turkey tortilla thingy, a stir fry, a soup/stew, a turkey pot pie...and now running out of ideas for dinner...so whatelse have you lot done with turkey?

i'm thinking of a potato bake with a vodka and tomato sauce, but that's a bit of a stretch...oh, and somin' easy
Time to get the Petri dish out Bob and see what grows
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:54 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

How long do most people keep their turkey leftovers, anyway? I think I should probably throw mine out now.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Turkey a la King?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:03 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I'm all out of ideas...I've got a turkey tortilla thingy, a stir fry, a soup/stew, a turkey pot pie...and now running out of ideas for dinner...so whatelse have you lot done with turkey?

i'm thinking of a potato bake with a vodka and tomato sauce, but that's a bit of a stretch...oh, and somin' easy
Turkey fricasee. Very easy and very yummy. Have it with mashed spuds
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob

Sod the turkey - feed it to the cat and give yourself a break!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Sounds interesting, how do you make that? And how about Turkey Curry?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Time to get the Petri dish out Bob and see what grows
Well I'll let you know when we get the shits then
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
How long do most people keep their turkey leftovers, anyway? I think I should probably throw mine out now.
tell it's all eaten...or ill...
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Lottie
Sod the turkey - feed it to the cat and give yourself a break!
need to find a cat first
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Sounds interesting, how do you make that? And how about Turkey Curry?
tomato spag sauce jobby, just cook it down with some vodka...then slice potato thinly, layer in dish with onions and garlic and sauce, the turkey, grated cheese and keep on layering...normally do it with alfredo sauce, or being really lazy, that ragu white sauce with left over ham...bake at 400F for about a half hour, or till the cheese has gone golden brown...lovely
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:43 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
tomato spag sauce jobby, just cook it down with some vodka...then slice potato thinly, layer in dish with onions and garlic and sauce, the turkey, grated cheese and keep on layering...normally do it with alfredo sauce, or being really lazy, that ragu white sauce with left over ham...bake at 400F for about a half hour, or till the cheese has gone golden brown...lovely
It was Turkey Tamales for us yesterday. Think I'll order pizza tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.