Reload this Page >

Trying to work in Nevada

Trying to work in Nevada

Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:52 pm
5TN
Just Joined

5TN is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Trying to work in Nevada

I am about to undertake a massage course in Utah for seven months. When i pass this, what is the quickest way for me to get employment in the U.S.
I own a house in Nevada and have a mortgage but it is only as an overseas investor, so i want to live there and work in Nevada legally but don't mind flying in and out if i have to.
Any advice?
Thanks
Faye
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to work in Nevada

Buy a business
marry an American.

other than that, you're SOL basically.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Last edited by Manc; Feb 13th 2008 at 6:48 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

First thing that springs to mind is how are you managing to stay in the US for 7 months?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
First thing that springs to mind is how are you managing to stay in the US for 7 months?
But I didn't want to be the first to ask.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:40 pm
5TN
Just Joined

I am doing that by proving that i can support myself for that period and paying 12000 for the course. What are you, a policeman!!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 5TN
I am doing that by proving that i can support myself for that period and paying 12000 for the course. What are you, a policeman!!!
You need a specific visa to enter the US for 7 months of study.

Wouldn't want you to lose your 12K now.

edit: also, different visas offer different futures, which IS specifically what you are asking about. Right?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

7 months in utah ..you become a Mormon automatically ...
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 5TN
No, but as mentioned you need a visa which is a reasonably long process. I'm not sure what it takes but there are a lot of hoops you and the school have to jump through. Not sure if the school has to be a certain type in order to get a visa either. Proving you can support yourself and paying 12,000 for the course means nothing unless you have a visa.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 5TN
Well if you don't have a greencard or a visa there's no point in going further with answers...

Worth looking at requirements to be certifide in the state your interested in if that's a requirement...and if you've a greencard, then apply for jobs, if not, you'll be hard pressed for anyone to sponsor you for a work based visa.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:27 pm
5TN
Just Joined

Yes, i know all that, got the visa, got the course. Thats why i'm asking about the work after the course has finished.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by 5TN
Yes, i know all that, got the visa, got the course. Thats why i'm asking about the work after the course has finished.
Which visa?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by meauxna
Which visa?
...and we only ask because it does have an impact on your options after the course.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that comes to mins is an F1

Which could lead to OPT?

But the OP has yet to mention any basis for living/staying here longer.

A US Spouse would be the obvious one. Others, well that all depends.