Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to get in touch with HMRC

Trying to get in touch with HMRC

Old Jan 3rd 2020, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to get in touch with HMRC

You do not need to be in touch with HMRC, Downing Street or your pension companies. Follow the clear process which has been set out here several times. Many of us have used it and it works.

Why ask the question if you are not prepared to follow the answer???

Last edited by MidAtlantic; Jan 3rd 2020 at 11:38 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Lochaber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Goodness, have you read any of the information and/or links the forum has given you?

Why are you complaining to 'Downing Street' about responses from HMRC when, if you read what has already been given you, you'll have all the forms and addresses necessary for your situation
I complained to Downing Street because the idiots at HMRC kept sending me the wrong forms & giving me the wrong information for almost 20 years & L-O-N-G before I ever joined this forum.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Goodness, have you read any of the information and/or links the forum has given you?

Why are you complaining to 'Downing Street' about responses from HMRC when, if you read what has already been given you, you'll have all the forms and addresses necessary for your situation
Please re-read my posts. Long before I ever joined this forum HMRC dicked me around. The complaint to 11 Downing Street was HIGHLY deserved IMO. Don't forget HMRC's website says "Helping to get your taxes right"....what, by telling me to repeatedly fill out the wrong forms????? By ignoring my letters & phone calls for almost 20 years, a time long before I ever joined this forum.

I've spoken with 4 people at HMRC on the phone & they were all RUDE, including getting hung up on in mid sentence. If you don't think that deserves mention to what is, in the end, their boss then that's your choice to accept treatment like this. Personally I disagree.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Trying to get in touch with HMRC

Originally Posted by Lochaber
Please re-read my posts. Long before I ever joined this forum HMRC dicked me around. The complaint to 11 Downing Street was HIGHLY deserved IMO. Don't forget HMRC's website says "Helping to get your taxes right"....what, by telling me to repeatedly fill out the wrong forms????? By ignoring my letters & phone calls for almost 20 years, a time long before I ever joined this forum.

I've spoken with 4 people at HMRC on the phone & they were all RUDE, including getting hung up on in mid sentence. If you don't think that deserves mention to what is, in the end, their boss then that's your choice to accept treatment like this. Personally I disagree.

Actually, having been in the US for some 20 years we have found dealing with HRMC mostly satisfactory; also the Pension Authority.

It DOES help if you read the info you have been given and follow the instructions.........
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Actually, having been in the US for some 20 years we have found dealing with HRMC mostly satisfactory; also the Pension Authority.

It DOES help if you read the info you have been given and follow the instructions.........
People seem to be getting confused between getting help (from this forum) with UK-US Double Taxation & my complaint about shitty treatment by HMRC over very many years. I complained to the Exchequer, others may choose not to do so when treated the same way, but that's their choice. I related here what happened as a result & on the basis that this is not an exclusive club where only some feel they can post such observations.

Meanwhile I am still pursuing the Double Taxation problem.

These are 2 different themes that are related, but separate.

It's...

Not...

That...

Difficult...

To...

Follow.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochaber
Meanwhile I am still pursuing the Double Taxation problem.
There is no "double taxation problem" if you follow the procedure that has been set out several times in this thread.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:21 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I didn't hear what you said.

I didn't say anything

OH I thought you said thank you.