Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trying to find a job in NC

Trying to find a job in NC

Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Blondie is an unknown quantity at this point

OH FOR F**KS SAKE!!!!!

I have single handedly managed to turn a simple thread into a war zone!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading every single post on here, however, I do just need to make a few minor points.
1. My husband does not work in IT
2. I do not work at the moment as I am completing my studies.
3. We are not just planning to give up our jobs and come to the US. We can't do that can we??!!
4. We have a holiday home in NC, which is where we want to live permanently, because we love it there.
5. The only way we will come permanently is if one of us manages to get sponsorship for a job(Which I do understand is not easy!!)
6. Remembering one of my first questions-Does anyone know of any employers that are sponsoring at the moment in the NC area? I take it that the answer is NO then!!!!!

Well I'm pleased that I have sorted that out. Anyway, as I have mentioned before, we now have a placemnet consultancy working for us, and fingers crossed, they may come up with something for us...who knows...but I'll be dammed if anything is going to stop us! We will just keep on trying, and in the mean time we have a beautiful holiday home in a beautiful area, which I beleive has just been voted the 4th best place to live in America.
It's got to be better that our tiny 2 bed terraced house in Coventry!!

In the mean time, whenever we do manage to get across permanently you are all invited to our place for lots of beer drinking on our back deck!!!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Blondie
OH FOR F**KS SAKE!!!!!

- no, you just came to this board for help. Whatever happened after that is nothing you turned it into. You deserve credit for starting what was at one time an interesting thread.

- like you, I have found many of the responses very interesting, although I wouldn’t go so far as to say I enjoyed them all. It’s taken too much effort of late to sift through the name-calling in order to find anything interesting or useful.

- as for the profanity, the response of “That’s just me, take it or leave it� (paraphrase) is weak.

- and regardless of what came before or after, at least RaymanInPA had the cojones to take a step back and offer an apology (two apologies, actually) to anyone he offended.

- I won’t be responding to this thread again. Blondie, good luck in trying to get to NC. From your last response, you seem to have a well-balanced view of what it will take. Here's to your first beer as a bona fide resident - sooner rather than later!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

RaymanInPA is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blondie

OH FOR F**KS SAKE!!!!!

WAR, WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR.

The bottom line Blondie is that the US surley aint the land of milk and honey (even in the best of times) but it is a hell of a lot better place than many in the world. You got more than enough reason to want to come over here and you know what, if you try your hardest you'll get here sooner than you realise. I didn't come over at the best of times, but I really wanted to and I eventually made it. I just got these tips for you:

1. Keep an open mind.
2. Look out for yourself.
3. Stay positive.
4. Work hard (at whatever job you find).

Thats all it takes to succeed in the US, and thats why 95% of the world is trying to get into here.

Good luck.