Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trusted Travelers: Global Entry VIP

Trusted Travelers: Global Entry VIP

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:03 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trusted Travelers: Global Entry VIP

I've got a better one than that, arrived at YYC from PHX, another flight was delayed so literally three planes unloaded all at once and immigration at YYC was out into the corridor back towards the gate.

As I had a NEXUS card, went to the NEXUS lane, was the only person there, through in 2 minutes, my bag was coincidentally the first one off at the carousel, I was in the parking lot in ten minutes, that's WITH luggage.

I got through before the crew did! Best $50 I ever spent, no question. I was almost certainly at home and unpacked before most of the other people got through.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Is it available for residents / visa holders or just citizens?
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Is it available for residents / visa holders or just citizens?
If you click on the helpful What is Global Entry? link that meauxna so thoughtfully provided followed by the Click here for more information link and then the Eligibility link you will find the answer ...
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Next up for the Darwin Awards....

Murder suspect captured at border trying to enroll in 'trusted traveler' program

BLAINE, Wash. (AP) -- Authorities say a suspect in a 1983 murder in Oklahoma was arrested when he showed up at the U.S. border in northwestern Washington state and tried to enroll in a "trusted traveler" program for frequent border crossers.

Suhail Shanti of Burnaby, British Columbia, was wanted on a first-degree murder warrant issued in LeFlore County, Okla. U.S. Customs and Border Protection says he was arrested Friday when agents at the Pacific Highway Port of Entry in Blaine took his fingerprints as part of the interview process for the border crossing program.

Agents confirmed the warrant with officials in Oklahoma and arrested the 48-year-old.

Details of the killing were not immediately available, and it was not clear if Shanti had obtained a lawyer. Shanti was turned over to the Whatcom County sheriff's office pending his return to Oklahoma.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Bladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of lightBladerunner is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by md95065
If you click on the helpful What is Global Entry? link that meauxna so thoughtfully provided followed by the Click here for more information link and then the Eligibility link you will find the answer ...
It says that "Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, and Mexican nationals". But it was not quite clear to me. Does this mean no visa holders, even if they are living here permenantly with a GC application? I presume it does.

Last edited by Bladerunner; Jun 28th 2011 at 3:20 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Lawful Permanent Resident

Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing the in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien," "Resident Alien Permit Holder," and "Green Card Holder."
Does that help?
Old Jun 28th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

If you travel internationally about 10-12 times or more, a year then it is worth the $100 fee. Check to see if your Airport is listed at the globalentry.gov site before you apply.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Does this mean no visa holders, even if they are living here permenantly with a GC application?
There is no such thing as someone "living here permenantly with a GC application". Either you have a GC or you don't. If you have a GC, you're an LPR and can take advantage of the program. If you don't have a GC, then you're not "living here permenantly". Having an application in the works is not the same thing.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There is no such thing as someone "living here permenantly with a GC application". Either you have a GC or you don't. If you have a GC, you're an LPR and can take advantage of the program. If you don't have a GC, then you're not "living here permenantly". Having an application in the works is not the same thing.

Ian
Hi everybody,
Ive just filled in the application for the Global Entry card but made a mistake on the application by putting down my green card expiry as 12/28/2012 instead of 12/28/2011. I did not spot the error until after I had submitted the application and paid the 100 dollars. I can find no way to amend the application or how to contact them about this error.

Will they contact me about it or will they through out my application and have I just lost a 100 dollars

Many thanks

Alan
Old Jun 28th 2011, 2:48 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anuny
If you travel internationally about 10-12 times or more, a year then it is worth the $100 fee. Check to see if your Airport is listed at the globalentry.gov site before you apply.
The AMEX Platinum card reimburses this fee if you pay with it. I don't know if any other credit cards offer this benefit.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonrob
The AMEX Platinum card reimburses this fee if you pay with it. I don't know if any other credit cards offer this benefit.
True, it is also very beneficial if your airline tends to be out of Terminal 4 @ JFK. Just imagine 2-3 heavies arriving at the same time.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALBRUZ
Will they contact me about it or will they through out my application and have I just lost a 100 dollars
You may have lost $100, but you will not know for sure until one of 3 things happen: 1) they will contact you for confirmation; 2) they will continue to process your application; or 3) they will toss it out and you'll get some sort of notice about it.

Since there's nothing you can do at this point to correct/fix things, I suggest you simply wait until one of these 3 things happens.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ian
OK thanks

I thought a visa stamped duration of status, which basically means you are in the US indefinitely as long as your status does not change, might apply. Obviously not.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, while the exact period covered by a "Duration of Status" annotation is "indefinite" it is still "temporary" not "permanent".
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

You may have lost $100, but you will not know for sure until one of 3 things happen: 1) they will contact you for confirmation; 2) they will continue to process your application; or 3) they will toss it out and you'll get some sort of notice about it.

Since there's nothing you can do at this point to correct/fix things, I suggest you simply wait until one of these 3 things happens.

Ian
Yes that is what I thought it does say in the question and answer section that I may be able to make a correction at the interview (just found this ).

Ill just have to wait and see what happens. Anybody knows how long it normally takes to get the initial application approved so you can arange the interview

Thanks

Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.