Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Truck Advice

Truck Advice

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Advice

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I never claimed that pricing and holdback information is not readily available. What I said was that the actual invoice for a given vehicle is not available on KBB or wherever and that the actual holdback on any given vehicle is none of your business.
That parsing of words is simply a canard. A customer can use Kelley and Edmunds to know the invoice price of a given car without needing to see the dealer's invoice. Same is true with the holdback data, which I have provided in a link above.

The dealer's actual invoice should not deviate from what is available from Kelley and Edmunds. For a given car with a given set of options, the invoice price should match what is in those guides, and will not vary from dealer to dealer. So seeing the invoice at the dealership won't provide any relevant additional information that wasn't available before ever setting foot in the place.

You seem to be implying that it is essential to see a new car's specific invoice to calculate its invoice price, when that is absolutely not the case. There is no great mystery in knowing the invoice price and holdback formula prior to entering a dealership, and customers should go into the dealer with that data readily at hand. To do otherwise is to provide the dealer with an opportunity to mislead you or to play games with the pricing.