Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie!

Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie!

Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie!

Just bought the dvd....let me just say here and now that this is easily the most disturbing and thoroughly riveting film I've ever seen. Perhaps some of you have already seen this horrifying masterpiece, to those who haven't- do so as soon as possible.

Here is a link to a website about the movie.

This film traces the complete origins of nuclear weapons with declassified footage of Amercian, Russian and Chinese tests that had been previously unseen by the public. It includes interviews with such figures as Dr Edward Teller, a developer of nuclear weapons and one of the most controversial figures of the 20 century.

But the most extrordinary thing that this film has to offer is the incredible and utterly disturbing footage that director Peter Kuran has managed to uncover. I knew that nulcear warheads had been test detonated in the upper atmosphere, but I had never seen footage of such a thing until now. A life changing sight if ever there was one. Another shot of a nuclear bomb being fired from a cannon and detonating in the distance sent chills up my spine.

I urge everyone to see this film at least once in your lifetime. You won't be the same afterward!

Last edited by Jabba1; Aug 17th 2005 at 7:33 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie!

If you haven't already, get and read the book "The making of the atomic bomb" by Richard Rhodes.

Absolutely fascinating reading.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

A frightening thought...

How long will it be before some terrorist organization gets it's hands on a nulcear device of some sort? Those fanatics would stop at nothing to blow up London or NY.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
A frightening thought...

How long will it be before some terrorist organization gets it's hands on a nulcear device of some sort? Those fanatics would stop at nothing to blow up London or NY.
Terrorists would think very carefully before unleashing a full blown nuclear device on a large western city. Killing 1 million people is a completely different ball game.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Terrorists would think very carefully before unleashing a full blown nuclear device on a large western city. Killing 1 million people is a completely different ball game.

You'd think they would consider the consequences of their actions very carefully. But still, these nutters tend to be so fanatical that I wouldn't put anything past them.

The possiblity of a terrorist nuke had always concerned me, all the more so with the London bombings. But seening this film has driven home just what such a detonation would do the the city and it's people. It's something that I'll likely be having nightmares about.