British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Travelling with young children (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/travelling-young-children-308440/)

Maz Jun 13th 2005 8:19 pm

Travelling with young children

Hi all,

Sorry I'm not here much, I'm swamped at work, plus I run my own ezBoard (grumble) and that keeps me busy too.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone had had problems travelling with young kids who look sod all like their passport photos now. My daughter will be 3 3/4 when we go to Blighty next month and we got her passport photo done when she was about 1 yr 5 months old, hee hee. Needless to say, she doesn't exactly look herself on either of them (dual citizen).

Anyone had any probs with this at passport control? Just want to be prepared.

Thanks. :)

yorkshirelass Jun 13th 2005 10:48 pm

Re: Travelling with young children

Originally Posted by Maz
Hi all,

Sorry I'm not here much, I'm swamped at work, plus I run my own ezBoard (grumble) and that keeps me busy too.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone had had problems travelling with young kids who look sod all like their passport photos now. My daughter will be 3 3/4 when we go to Blighty next month and we got her passport photo done when she was about 1 yr 5 months old, hee hee. Needless to say, she doesn't exactly look herself on either of them (dual citizen).

Hi!

No, never had any problems at all! My oldest had his passport done when he was a month old and we used it right up until it expired right before he turned 5!

ImHere Jun 13th 2005 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Hi all,

Nope. As long as you have evidence you are the parent/legal guardian its not an issue.

Neathborn Jun 13th 2005 11:33 pm

No, never had any problem. Eldest daughter travelled to the UK when she was 2 1/2, but her photo was taken when she was a baby, so she had changed quite a bit. We went through without a hitch.

Philgr Jun 14th 2005 10:56 pm

No problems - my children were 3 and 4.5 when we travelled back to the UK last month and their passport photos were taken in the hospital when they were born. We've travelled internationally a lot and never had any questions about it.

Maz Jun 16th 2005 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Philgr
No problems - my children were 3 and 4.5 when we travelled back to the UK last month and their passport photos were taken in the hospital when they were born. We've travelled internationally a lot and never had any questions about it.

Thanks all. :) My daughter is often called my clone or "mini-me" lol as we look so much alike (only she's cuter and younger :p ) so there shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks for the replies. :)