Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travelling to UK Next week

Travelling to UK Next week

Old Sep 28th 2021, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

freerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling to UK Next week

Hi - Appreciate there area couple of long posts here already but the entry rules (Yay!!!) have just change and I cant see my specific though related points covered. Apologies fro any duplication

For next week I think I need:
1) Day 2 PCR - Booked in advance to show when checking in in the US
2) Antigen test to return to the UK

Will more than likely get the qured.com kits but not sure if to order through their UK site and have them delivered to my sister or order in the US and take them with me.

All speedy advice appreciated as got to order the kits really soon!!!
Old Sep 28th 2021, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to UK Next week

Originally Posted by freerskier
Hi - Appreciate there area couple of long posts here already but the entry rules (Yay!!!) have just change and I cant see my specific though related points covered. Apologies fro any duplication

For next week I think I need:
1) Day 2 PCR - Booked in advance to show when checking in in the US
2) Antigen test to return to the UK

Will more than likely get the qured.com kits but not sure if to order through their UK site and have them delivered to my sister or order in the US and take them with me.

All speedy advice appreciated as got to order the kits really soon!!!
You’re correct on both bullet list items as long as you’re fully vaccinated (carry proof of vaccination with you). Order Randox Day 2 test with the BA discount and have it delivered to your UK address (your sister) by the time you land. The order reference number from the Day 2 test must be indicated on the PLF.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

freerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond reputefreerskier has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I was thinking the Qured PCR but the Randox is less.

Is their PCR test supervised or not - doesn't seem to say on the site?

Also, Did you use one of their drop boxes - not going to be one near me.
...Or - from their site: "an alternative courier may be used at your own risk, however, this may result in a delay in your sample being returned to our lab for testing" - Could this juts be the Royal Mail and it doesn't mention if this is extra cost as well.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I was thinking the Qured PCR but the Randox is less.

Is their PCR test supervised or not - doesn't seem to say on the site?

Also, Did you use one of their drop boxes - not going to be one near me.
...Or - from their site: "an alternative courier may be used at your own risk, however, this may result in a delay in your sample being returned to our lab for testing" - Could this juts be the Royal Mail and it doesn't mention if this is extra cost as well.

Many thanks.
It’s a self-administered test, the kit comes with detailed instructions. I think Randox lets you “upgrade” the kit for Royal Mail. The basic price only enables drop box which is a bit silly as it’s granted that you’ll have to travel outside your neighborhood to drop it off.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by destone
It’s a self-administered test, the kit comes with detailed instructions. I think Randox lets you “upgrade” the kit for Royal Mail. The basic price only enables drop box which is a bit silly as it’s granted that you’ll have to travel outside your neighborhood to drop it off.
Created my account but with Qured. No problem.

Tried to use Royal Mail to find a Priority Mailboxes to post back the tests near where I'll be in Scotland but couldn't get the web-site to work and, genius, being in the us, couldn't download their app as its not valid for the "territory" I am in.

That said I am guessing it is most post boxes that you should be able use to post the tests back.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

We went with Collinson which had on-site testing at LHR meaning you take your Day 2 test as soon as you land and then just forgot about it.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis
We went with Collinson which had on-site testing at LHR meaning you take your Day 2 test as soon as you land and then just forgot about it.
Don’t know about you but I much prefer self-administered tests over someone harshly sticking a stick deep up my nostril.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi - Yeah considered the Heathrow thing as you say, just done and forgotten about. Be interesting to see how the self-administration works for sure.

Most annoying thing has been trying to get the Royal Mail web-site to work to locate a priority post box - you put in the post code where you are staying and set up a filter for priority box but it doesn't work. Plus you cant down load the Royal Mail app - this is genius - as its not available outside of the UK. Might just get my sister to walk around the village and check.
Old Sep 28th 2021, 11:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Don’t know about you but I much prefer self-administered tests over someone harshly sticking a stick deep up my nostril.
That doesn’t tally with my experience.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 11:06 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - Yeah considered the Heathrow thing as you say, just done and forgotten about. Be interesting to see how the self-administration works for sure.

Most annoying thing has been trying to get the Royal Mail web-site to work to locate a priority post box - you put in the post code where you are staying and set up a filter for priority box but it doesn't work. Plus you cant down load the Royal Mail app - this is genius - as its not available outside of the UK. Might just get my sister to walk around the village and check.
I had the same problem and then when I did get here the nearest postbox that the website said was a priority one didn't have a sticker, buy the next closest one did, so I used that. The self administration is uncomfortable, but bearable and at least only once now.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I had the same problem and then when I did get here the nearest postbox that the website said was a priority one didn't have a sticker, buy the next closest one did, so I used that. The self administration is uncomfortable, but bearable and at least only once now.
Took 6 days from the day I posted it (fri) to getting results in email (thursday evening) for my day 2 test - It was negative. Made me wonder what value there is in doing the test if it takes that long.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mercury39
Took 6 days from the day I posted it (fri) to getting results in email (thursday evening) for my day 2 test - It was negative. Made me wonder what value there is in doing the test if it takes that long.
They must have a large stockpile of test kits/minimum deal not reached on the back of government £ deals which they’re trying to get rid of.
Old Oct 2nd 2021, 7:23 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My day 2 test which I dropped in a priority post box on Thursday has just come back negative, so I am good to keep on with my planned trip, I used Screen4.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 12:50 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Rules change today for travel to England from the US. The way it affects me, traveling Thursday, is I no longer need to get a COVID test in the days prior to travel. Anyway, here are the two pages that were linked from the email the British government just sent me.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.