Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travelling With A Green Card

Travelling With A Green Card

Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Travelling With A Green Card

I read in another thread on here somewhere, someone talking about a Re-Entry Visa for travelling? Do you also need re-entry visa when going abroad even with a Green Card?

Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travelling With A Green Card

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I read in another thread on here somewhere, someone talking about a Re-Entry Visa for travelling? Do you also need re-entry visa when going abroad even with a Green Card?

No
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:35 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, Green Card and Passport will do nicely.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049

Not for normal travel. But if you plan on being outside of the US for one year or more then yes, you need to apply for a re-entry permit via form I-131 before you travel. Some lawyers around here say to get it for six months of travel although the document itself says for one year's stay outside of the US.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:46 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Travelling With A Green Card

Originally Posted by Rete
Not for normal travel. But if you plan on being outside of the US for one year or more then yes, you need to apply for a re-entry permit via form I-131 before you travel. Some lawyers around here say to get it for six months of travel although the document itself says for one year's stay outside of the US.
Thanks Guys