Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travelled much in the States?

Travelled much in the States?

Old May 11th 2012, 10:50 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about
Default Travelled much in the States?

I haven't travelled much in the States. I'm quite the homebody, but I have visited:

NY (obviously)
MA
ME
NJ
RI
VT
NH
LA (Lousiana)
CA
CO
MD
DC
FL
MISSOURI
GA
NV

More than I thought, actually. Oops, I forgot PA.

Last edited by Primula; May 12th 2012 at 12:11 am.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:55 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelled much in the States?

42 down, 8 to go.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:56 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tonrob
42 down, 8 to go.
Which states remain?
Old May 11th 2012, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

CA
OR
WA
NV
AZ
TX
GA
FL
NY
NJ
IL

Do BC and Puerto Rico count?
Old May 11th 2012, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

46 Down and 4 to go.

Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Hawaii

Also have done the following Canadian Provinces

Nova Scotia
PEI
New Brunswick
Quebec
Ontario
Manitoba

Jim.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by markwm
Do BC and Puerto Rico count?
Nope.

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Oregon
Washington
Alaska
Hawaii
You could knock off OR and WA in one trip, but Alaska and Hawaii are going to take a little more work. Having said that, I guess you could combine OR, WA and Alaska in one long trip.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
46 Down and 4 to go.
Oregon Washington Alaska Hawaii

Also have done the following Canadian Provinces
Nova Scotia PEI New Brunswick Quebec Ontario Manitoba
Jim, I am guessing, knowing your line of work, that this for the most part was in the line of work, so I am wondering (if my assumption is correct) do you get a chance to enjoy the travel? or is it the proverbial busmans holiday?

For my part, very little domestic travel
Washington State, Oregon State (both just west of the Cascades)
California (San Fran only) New York (New York only) Florida (Orlando only)
and a few airport stops that I would add if there was money in it.

I'd love to take off and explore.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:43 pm
Banned

kimilseung, do you like living in Washington State?
Old May 11th 2012, 11:47 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Primula
kimilseung, do you like living in Washington State?
There are worse places to live.
I miss the lack of evidence of history
I miss Galleries and Museums
I dislike the trees, if they knocked down the tees, then Washington state would be great. (I've never been to Easter Washington, never crossed the Columbia)
I like the comparative liberal politics and culture.
I like the weather, not too hot not too cold.
All in all, it ain't bad.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I miss Galleries and Museums
Surely Seattle has a level of sophistication?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:02 am
He/him

Surely Seattle has a level of sophistication?
Its good for theater.

Being British spoils you for museums (and galleries) maybe the French have it too.
Where in the world can compare with the British Museum?
There have maybe been two (what could approximate) major exhibition in Seattle since I have lived here. There are numerous every year in London. Maybe New York can compare, but even then I am skeptical.
The permanent exhibitions in Seattle do not compare with my hometown of Liverpool. In Britain even a city the size of Leicester has an exceptional collection of German Expressionism.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
my hometown of Liverpool
My mother's side of the family is from Liverpool. Where are you from there?
Old May 12th 2012, 12:12 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Which states remain?
Alaska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Minnesota
Nebraska
Kansas
Missouri
Oklahoma

Will be traveling through Minnesota and North Dakota in July aboard Amtrak's Empire Builder.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:12 am
He/him

My mother's side of the family is from Liverpool. Where are you from there?
Walton
Old May 12th 2012, 12:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tonrob
Amtrak's Empire Builder.
Is that a special train?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.