Reload this Page >

Traveling to Canada

Traveling to Canada

Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

stoffmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traveling to Canada

Hi there,

I am a UK citizen and Permanent Resident of the USA.

I was hoping to travel to Canada for a short vacation - what are the entry requirements? I assume I need my 'green card' and my passport - but do I need a minimum amount of months left on my passport?

Cheers
Stoffmin
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling to Canada

Originally Posted by stoffmin
Hi there,

I was hoping to travel to Canada for a short vacation - what are the entry requirements? I assume I need my 'green card' and my passport - but do I need a minimum amount of months left on my passport?

Cheers
Stoffmin
The GC and UK PP is all you need. As long as your PP is valid you're good to go.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

stoffmin is an unknown quantity at this point

Perfect - it is just my passport has around 4-5 months remaining and wanted to be sure I didn't need at least 6 months or something!

Thanks Jerseygirl!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Requirements as per Canadian Consulate in NY
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect - it is just my passport has around 4-5 months remaining and wanted to be sure I didn't need at least 6 months or something!

Thanks Jerseygirl!
You have your GC...so it's OK.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... and wanted to be sure I didn't need at least 6 months or something!
Your passport is a valid travel document right up to the day it expires.

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your passport is a valid travel document right up to the day it expires.
Yes, but as we know, having a valid travel document doesn't mean that the country you are attempting to visit will actually let you in.

There are countries that do require visitors to have a passport which is valid for a minimum length of time (often 6 months) so it isn't an unreasonable question to ask.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
There are countries that do require visitors to have a passport which is valid for a minimum length of time (often 6 months) so it isn't an unreasonable question to ask.
Yes, but between and betwixt the UK, Australia, Canada, and the US, that isn't an issue... although the information is likely useful if someone is not from one of these countries.

Ian
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, but between and betwixt the UK, Australia, Canada, and the US, that isn't an issue... although the information is likely useful if someone is not from one of these countries.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Passports-Six_Month_Rule