Reload this Page >

Travel within the US

Travel within the US

Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Bradford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel within the US

I have a quick and probably very simple question,

Im in the process of my AOS infact Im pretty close to completing it, maybe a month left... But I may need to fly from Az to NY mid May, will that be OK?

Im not flying out of the US so I didnt see there being a problem BUT I wanted to double check

Thanks

Paul
Old Apr 30th 2009, 7:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel within the US

Originally Posted by Paul Bradford
I have a quick and probably very simple question,

Im in the process of my AOS infact Im pretty close to completing it, maybe a month left... But I may need to fly from Az to NY mid May, will that be OK?

Im not flying out of the US so I didnt see there being a problem BUT I wanted to double check

Thanks

Paul
No problem flying domestically while waiting for your AOS to come through. I take it you have a valid photo ID to get through security at the airport?

That said, if I recall, you have quite a bit of overstay. If you happen to run into any Border agents....be aware.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No problem flying domestically while waiting for your AOS to come through. I take it you have a valid photo ID to get through security at the airport?

That said, if I recall, you have quite a bit of overstay. If you happen to run into any Border agents....be aware.

Rene
Carrying the I-485 receipt notice might be a good hedge...
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Guys, yes Ill probably carry all my reciept notices just to be on the safe side.

As for Photo ID, I have my British Passport and UK Driving Licence both have my photo on them.

Paul
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

I think your UK passport is just fine. Not sure about the UK license.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:32 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

m,

Why not? It's a photo ID, a government issued photo ID.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by milan79
Not sure about the UK license.
Old May 1st 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Well Ill take both regardless....

Better safe than sorry.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeff, like I said, I just wasn't sure.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:45 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

When my husband was visiting on the VWP we flew from NYC to Charleston. He showed his UK licence but they wanted to see his passport as well.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:13 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
m,

Why not? It's a photo ID, a government issued photo ID.

Regards, JEff
The UK ID *may* get you on a domestic flight, but when dealing with immigration issues, the UK driver's license and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

The license does not show that the person was lawfully admitted to the US.

The passport, arrival documents and the receipts should be available for review by immigration authorities at all times both at the border and while present in the United States.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Heres a little snag,

I cant find the green VWP slip that was given to me when I arrived, obviously I have the stamp in the passport and I do have the number for the VWP but I just dont seem to be able to locate the actual green slip.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:19 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Bradford
Heres a little snag,

I cant find the green VWP slip that was given to me when I arrived, obviously I have the stamp in the passport and I do have the number for the VWP but I just dont seem to be able to locate the actual green slip.
It's not a big deal. You're not in valid VWP status anyway since you're under adjustment. They'll still be able to find out when/how you entered and that you're under adjustment based on the admission number and the receipts. They could still decide to ignore the adjustment and deport you at their discretion which is usually the case when someone seeks to adjust following a VWP entry. That's just the gamble you take when you do it that way.
Old May 1st 2009, 3:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

crg,

PB asked about taking a domestic flight within the continental USA, not about immigration issues or dealing with immigration authorities.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by crg14624
The UK ID *may* get you on a domestic flight, but when dealing with immigration issues, the UK driver's license and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

The license does not show that the person was lawfully admitted to the US.

The passport, arrival documents and the receipts should be available for review by immigration authorities at all times both at the border and while present in the United States.
Old May 1st 2009, 3:24 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
crg,

PB asked about taking a domestic flight within the continental USA, not about immigration issues or dealing with immigration authorities.

Regards, JEff
I know. However, he is required to travel with evidence of his status in the United States. It is a misdemeanor criminal offense for him to be inside the United States and not have that evidence available to produce upon demand. It is not uncommon for people to encounter the Border Patrol while traveling domestically, especially at transportation hubs. It is not a misdemeanor to seek to board an domestic flight without ID.

So in his case, if he were to select one document to bring, it would be the passport and the immigration documentation because it would serve both purposes. The driver's license clearly does not.
Old May 1st 2009, 4:50 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

My husband (then fiance) was questioned on the way back to NY from Charleston. He was asked how long he was in the states and how long he planned to stay. They scrutinised his passport. He had only been here a few days and was going back a few days later. This was in February 2008.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.