Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

travel to USA during process of I-130 is running possible ?

travel to USA during process of I-130 is running possible ?

Old May 9th 2002, 11:15 am
Just Joined

eurotousa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travel to USA during process of I-130 is running possible ?

Hi,
Months ago my wife filed Form I-130 for me to apply for immigration to the United states. Now we are waiting for an appointment for a visa interview. My question is, can I travel to America during this process using a tourist visa as I usually did before. I aks this because whenever I entered the USA they aksed me whether I try to immigrate ti USA. So if I them the true I am afraid they won't let me in.

Is there a immigration law about this point ??? Something like " Immigration applicant is not allow to enter the USA while the process is running".

Thank You for your help.
Old May 9th 2002, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travel to USA during process of I-130 is running possible ?

When your immigration process is pending, it is doubtful that you will be allowed to enter the US for a visit. There is no actual law that I know of but your entry is at the discretion of the examiner at the POE. As you have an I-130 in the works, have had initial approval, it is safe to assume that your name is in the computer databanks for INS and will show up when you attempt to enter the US. You clearly had demonstrated the desire to migrate.

Since you said you are at the point where you are waiting for an interview date with the US Consulate, I assume you are quite aways a long in the process and it shouldn't be much longer before you will be able to enter the US with PR status. When did you send your checklist back to the Consulate? And which one are you using?

Rete