Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel to UK with a Felony Conviction

Wikiposts

Travel to UK with a Felony Conviction

Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:04 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel to UK with a Felony Conviction

A friend from work asked me if she and her husband can travel to the UK and do they need a visa. Turns out that he has a felony conviction in his past, he was caught selling drugs, so what she was really asking is can they visit the UK at all.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If there is such a thing! The only thing I can find is that they couldn't live there and Snoop Dogg can't get in.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to UK with a Felony Conviction

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
A friend from work asked me if she and her husband can travel to the UK and do they need a visa. Turns out that he has a felony conviction in his past, he was caught selling drugs, so what she was really asking is can they visit the UK at all.

I can't seem to find a definitive answer. If there is such a thing! The only thing I can find is that they couldn't live there and Snoop Dogg can't get in.
Sorry I misread your thread and moved it to the US Immigration forum.

Your friend is probably best to ask the people on the UKYankee website...as I'm not sure how many of us are familiar with non UK citizens entering the UK with a drug conviction.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 7:35 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride

The following is what it says here. But I've no idea how up-to-date that is.
Attached Thumbnails Travel to UK with a Felony Conviction-screen-shot-2012-09-06-3.29.47-pm.png  
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:22 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
The following is what it says here. But I've no idea how up-to-date that is.
As far as I know it still applies.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

No idea if there's a visa to over come this, but I'd not imagine travel without a visa being a goer, if Martha Stewart wasn't allowed into the UK
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

powersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point

I can tell you now that anything connected with drugs is a big no no. Sorry. I would go via the British Embassy and maybe try to get an interview or something like that...but I dont think it will go in your favour...I could be wrong.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the reasons why these people are banned, from entry into the UK, I doubt as though he stands a chance;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

Be sure not to screw up/break the law in your younger days......as it will come back and give you a mighty big kick in the ass.

Edit: Scroll past the Morons who support Terrorism and you will find those convicted of assault/drugs crimes.

Jim.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Judging by the reasons why these people are banned, from entry into the UK, I doubt as though he stands a chance;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

Be sure not to screw up/break the law in your younger days......as it will come back and give you a mighty big kick in the ass.

Edit: Scroll past the Morons who support Terrorism and you will find those convicted of assault/drugs crimes.

Jim.
A BBC article on some people banned from the UK;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7695317.stm

Jim.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is on the UKBA website regarding visas for visiting the UK. See the paragraph at the bottom relating to criminal records:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/view/visa.form

It advises that a visa is applied for.