Reload this Page >

Travel Suspension: LPR Returning from the U.K. with Grandparent

Travel Suspension: LPR Returning from the U.K. with Grandparent

Old Apr 25th 2020, 11:49 am
Just Joined

SOCAL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Suspension: LPR Returning from the U.K. with Grandparent

Hello everyone

I am a LPR, but my immediate relative (Mother) is not. Can they travel back to the United States with us from the U.K.?

Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Suspension: LPR Returning from the U.K. with Grandparent

Originally Posted by SOCAL
Hello everyone

I am a LPR, but my immediate relative (Mother) is not. Can they travel back to the United States with us from the U.K.?
Assuming you're over the age of 21, then no, afraid not. https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...coronavirus-2/

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 25th 2020 at 12:21 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

I am not under 21 but my daughter is 19 months and a LPR.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I am not under 21 but my daughter is 19 months and a LPR.
There's no exemption for grandparents of LPR's under 21, only parents of LPR's under 21, so that makes no difference.

Your mother will have to wait until the restrictions are lifted to visit you I'm afraid.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Ah I see! Thanks.

The restriction was 30 days .. I’m wondering how much longer it will be in place.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah I see! Thanks.

The restriction was 30 days .. I’m wondering how much longer it will be in place.
Who knows with the crazy orange man in charge of it! It must have been extended as the 30 days would have been up by now, no mention of an end date in the link above (just says it's 'in effect until terminated by the President'), but hopefully somebody else that's been keeping a closer eye on it will know for sure.

Hope your mother can visit you soon.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 25th 2020 at 12:31 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 3:23 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Restrictions are still in force.
My opinion - won't be lifted until new virus cases/deaths reach very low levels.
The OP could keep an eye on this page for updates. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...sa/coronavirus
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
My opinion - won't be lifted until new virus cases/deaths reach very low levels. .....
I agree with this - we are probably facing an extended period where international travel is going to be extremely difficult, and by extended" I mean at least 12 months and probably 18-24, even in the best case scenario where an effective vaccine is approved around 6 months from now, and then rolled out and made widely available over the following 12+ months. .... Failure to find a vaccine and/or the spontaneous collapse of new cars to a very low level, and the time of restricted international travel could be longer than another 24 more months, by an indeterminate additional period.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Who knows with the crazy orange man in charge of it! ....
Is this kind of petty and political abuse necessary? This type of post has led to numerous threads being moved to TIO, or posts deleted. I have come to expect it of a number of BE members, but to see such a post by a Super-Mod is very disappointing! Aren't you supposed to be setting an example?
Old Apr 25th 2020, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

cautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond repute

It will require support and cooperation from state and federal government before life can return to what it was before. Some state governors, like California's, are saying that we'll continue to be in lockdown for a long time to come.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cautiousjon
It will require support and cooperation from state and federal government before life can return to what it was before. Some state governors, like California's, are saying that we'll continue to be in lockdown for a long time to come.
Long term restrictions and lockdowns will also require support and co-operation from the citizens of those States.

San Diego county has just pass a mandatory rule that masks be worn when outside and in the vicinity of others from 1st May - already the roars of disapproval are taking place, rather go to jail etc etc Civil liberties and government overstepping its boundaries and all that......

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Apr 25th 2020 at 6:58 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

cautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Long term restrictions and lockdowns will also require support and co-operation from the citizens of those States.

San Diego county has just pass a mandatory rule that masks be worn when outside and in the vicinity of others from 1st May - already the roars of disapproval are taking place, rather go to jail etc etc Civil liberties and government overstepping its boundaries and all that......
The Supreme Court has previously upheld the government's right to police its citizens, including mandating these types of restrictions. I think that the disapproval and threats of civil unrest is mostly bravado. When these people become faced with the real threat of jail time or fines, I think that the vast majority will simply cave into the rules.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 1:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sems all we know about the mother is that she is not a LPR an would be travelling from the UK, that leaves a lot of options.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I agree with this - we are probably facing an extended period where international travel is going to be extremely difficult, and by extended" I mean at least 12 months and probably 18-24, even in the best case scenario where an effective vaccine is approved around 6 months from now, and then rolled out and made widely available over the following 12+ months. .... Failure to find a vaccine and/or the spontaneous collapse of new cars to a very low level, and the time of restricted international travel could be longer than another 24 more months, by an indeterminate additional period.
Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
My opinion - won't be lifted until new virus cases/deaths reach very low levels.
The OP could keep an eye on this page for updates. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...sa/coronavirus
Yeah. There are two segments to it - (1) it gets under control in the US; and (2) it is under control elsewhere.

I am now in Australia, where the border is also closed. #1 has been achieved here but the Government says the border will not be re-opened until #2 also happens. Because if it isn't, you are just re-inviting it to come back in and cause another national pandemic. We've been told national border re-openings are at minimum months away.

Targeted border closures aimed at pandemic countries - as Australia, New Zealand, and the US all tried with China - proved unsuccessful. They don't work unless the countries you are still open to, have also closed their border with the pandemic countries. So, the US won't re-open its borders to UK travelers, if the UK border is still open to, say, Spain and Germany if it remains out of control there. As we saw, it likely got into New York because it went from China to (likely) Italy, where it infected Italians, who then came to the US and weren't stopped at the border because they hadn't been to China. That was also a primary infection vector into Australia.

Last edited by carcajou; Apr 27th 2020 at 4:13 am.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your responses.

Originally Posted by Boiler
Sems all we know about the mother is that she is not a LPR an would be travelling from the UK, that leaves a lot of options.

Boiler, Please could you clarify?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.