Reload this Page >

Travel To the states while waiting an interview

Travel To the states while waiting an interview

Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

XBricemanX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel To the states while waiting an interview

Originally Posted by TheKingOfHearts
Rete, if you'd took the time to look at the full thread, you'd see that he is exempt from the ban due to being the spouse of a USC.

OP - I don't think you're able to enter on the visa waiver program (ESTA) though, I think you'd need to apply for a B visa from the embassy. I could be wrong though - may warrant more research.
Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who have questions about whether they are subject to, or exempted from, the Proclamation should refer to the Proclamation language, and consult with the U.S. Department of State and the air carrier, as appropriate, in advance of travel to avoid travel disruptions.

I do believe the same exemption applies to the ESTA
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Rete, if you'd took the time to look at the full thread, you'd see that he is exempt from the ban due to being the spouse of a USC.

OP - I don't think you're able to enter on the visa waiver program (ESTA) though, I think you'd need to apply for a B visa from the embassy. I could be wrong though - may warrant more research.

Again it would appear that I’m exempt from this travel ban as well🤔
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I did take the time to look and being the spouse of a USC is not just enough in this case. He needs to navigate the POE and with the closing of the consulates or at best the limited services, he is to prone to enter and remain in the US as there is no reason for the agent at the POE to believe that he would get his IR visa within the next year.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend of mine has done this a couple of times this year, entered with an esta while travelling with their usc spouse. The esta will be cancelled when you board the flight, then at poe go to secondary with marriage cert and both passports, was fine after that. However, not sure if that'd be different when not flying with the spouse.
Old Oct 31st 2020, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Southernboy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by postbox134
Friend of mine has done this a couple of times this year, entered with an esta while travelling with their usc spouse. The esta will be cancelled when you board the flight, then at poe go to secondary with marriage cert and both passports, was fine after that. However, not sure if that'd be different when not flying with the spouse.

I have recently just renewed my ESTA approval and will be travelling to the US with my USC spouse in a few weeks time. May I ask why the ESTA would be cancelled on boarding?
Old Nov 1st 2020, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southernboy123
I have recently just renewed my ESTA approval and will be travelling to the US with my USC spouse in a few weeks time. May I ask why the ESTA would be cancelled on boarding?
Because the automated system that cancels European ESTAs can't distinguish between eligible and non-eligible passengers. If you are eligible, do not check in online, and someone at the check-in counter can re-instate your canceled ESTA.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by destone
Because the automated system that cancels European ESTAs can't distinguish between eligible and non-eligible passengers. If you are eligible, do not check in online, and someone at the check-in counter can re-instate your canceled ESTA.
how do they reinstate it?
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they do so at the border after you prove the exception in secondary inspection.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 11:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they do so at the border after you prove the exception in secondary inspection.
how do you manage to board the plane without ESTA?
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

how do you manage to board the plane without ESTA?​​​​​​
From what I've heard, it get cancelled after you board when the US get the manifest of those on board. This is after the plane has taken off and the airline has checked you when you board - I'd also assume they'd warn you that you'll need an exception to get in on the other side.

Last edited by postbox134; Nov 3rd 2020 at 11:35 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've heard, it get cancelled after you board when the US get the manifest of those on board.
Top tip: It helps if you quote the post you are replying to.

if you were replying to me...I don’t understand.