Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel Question

Wikiposts

Travel Question

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travel Question

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its travelocity - not sure if there would be any point in getting a call center punter - but I found this. What do you reckon - seems fairly explicit that I can't get stroked to me.
Travelocity Customer Support - 1-888-872-8356

They're a decent bunch there, they'll help you out. (I work for Travelocity too )
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Its travelocity - not sure if there would be any point in getting a call center punter - but I found this. What do you reckon - seems fairly explicit that I can't get stroked to me.
Seems you're good to go then.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:22 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul_TX

They're a decent bunch there, they'll help you out. (I work for Travelocity too )
Friends and Family discount ???
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt know they were based in our neck of the world?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:26 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big D
I found travelocity a bit steep what about Priceline Cheaptickets and Expedia. I booked to UK on cheaptickets saved over $600 big ones.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big D
Headquaters is Southlake...I work on the business side doing corporate booking websites.

Travelocity call center is based in San Antonio.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Headquaters is Southlake...I work on the business side doing corporate booking websites.

Travelocity call center is based in San Antonio.

Well i never did - i drive past it every day then!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Friends and Family discount ???
I haven't got any friends

...and the discount ain't worth diddly anyway
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:33 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
I found travelocity a bit steep what about Priceline Cheaptickets and Expedia. I booked to UK on cheaptickets saved over $600 big ones.
Been trying them all - travelocity beats everything else if I hire a car (which bizarely saves me money ) otherwise they're all much of a muchness.
I started a thread on here a few months ago looking for good travel websites and got a lot of good links.
Cheapflights.com is good as it seems to search a lot of other sites, as is kayak.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:34 am
Thinking about it

I haven't got any friends

...and the discount ain't worth diddly anyway
Cool - I'll give them a bell before I book - I'm going to hold out for a few days to see if anything better pops up.

Shame about the friends thing - I go home and play with my action men every night
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:07 am
Thinking about it

Are there a lot of indians in Texas ???
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Are there a lot of indians in Texas ???
No, mostly cowboys
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:27 am
Thinking about it

No, mostly cowboys
Ha ha
I must have gotten a crossed line - I def got some indian punter.
He froze for about 15 seconds when i asked what was obviously a non-standard question but I got an answer out of him in the end.

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:32 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hello people

I'm trying to book a flight to the west coast for next weekend.
I was hoping to pay $300 but the cheapest I can now find is a very disappointing $420. However if I book the same flight and hire a car on travelocity I can get the whole lot for $340.

I have absolutely no need for the car but are there any catches here and will I be penalised if I don't even pick the car up.

If anyone has any experience of these deals I'd love to here from you
If you have no experience of these deals and just want to indulge in some smutty banter could I respectfully request that you go elsewhere.

Thanks
My educated guess is that the ticket with the car deal is already bought and paid for (maybe by the car hire company or some other middle-man), whereas the ticket by itself is not bought yet.

Imagine I (consolidator, travel company, car hire co., etc.) buy 20 seats for a February 28th flight at wholesale prices ($200 per) back in November. Tickets available now from the airline are $400 up. So, I can offer you a flight/car deal for $300 = cheaper than any ticket you can buy.

I'm sure one of our travel agent folks will be on soon to tell me whether I'm talking out my 'arris. But my guess is that the flight ticket by itself is a different ticket than the one with the car hire.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:38 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by dunroving
My educated guess is that the ticket with the car deal is already bought and paid for (maybe by the car hire company or some other middle-man), whereas the ticket by itself is not bought yet.

Imagine I (consolidator, travel company, car hire co., etc.) buy 20 seats for a February 28th flight at wholesale prices ($200 per) back in November. Tickets available now from the airline are $400 up. So, I can offer you a flight/car deal for $300 = cheaper than any ticket you can buy.

I'm sure one of our travel agent folks will be on soon to tell me whether I'm talking out my 'arris. But my guess is that the flight ticket by itself is a different ticket than the one with the car hire.
Hmm - interesting theory.
Given that there are 8 flights a day from Chicago to OC perhaps if I hold out a bit longer it'll drop a bit more. I was palnning on waiting til next monday anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.