Reload this Page >

Travel home after being infected

Travel home after being infected

Old Aug 21st 2021, 6:47 am
Just Joined

annesecrest is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Travel home after being infected

Good Evening Everyone.

Was wondering if anyone has come across the problem I have now.. After two years of not being able to get home because of green card delays and Covid.... I finally was able to book a ticket 4 weeks ago to travel home on Sept 3rd.........After I booked I went down with Covid, very mild case, ( literally 3 days of a sore throat ) as I have been vaccinated back in Feb/Mar.
I am told that the virus, even tho dead , can stay up your nose etc for months, and I probably wont pass a test if taken now (even tho I am covid free and not contagious) My doctor has given me a letter to that effect pointing out I am good to travel......I will of course still go for test 72 hours before I fly.... hoping with all my being it will be negative.
So my question is, if the test does show up positive will the airline/border force/airport, whoever checks out these tests accept the doctors letter ?? I'm sure some will say just delay the trip, but I havent seen my girl in two years and she is currently in a bad situation and needs her Mum, like yesterday !! I am so concerned for her and worried what may happen if I have to delay for months on end.
Thanks everyone

Old Aug 21st 2021, 8:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel home after being infected

Originally Posted by annesecrest
After two years of not being able to get home because of green card delays and Covid....
As per your previous thread, you could have returned at any time. Whether it would have been a wise idea to travel during Covid and before being vaccinated is another matter though!

Originally Posted by annesecrest
So my question is, if the test does show up positive will the airline/border force/airport, whoever checks out these tests accept the doctors letter ??
Unfortunately, doesn't look as though you'd be admitted with a positive test - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...e-test-results

But you may not test positive, have you tried just taking a lateral flow test to see what that result is? That's what the suggestion is for those who've had Covid as they're less sensitive than the PCR tests.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

annesecrest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel home after being infected

Hi, Actually, I couldnt go home at any time, because at first our Green card was delivered several months after the promised date, Then I did book a flight home, Covid hit, travel was banned, then quarantine was in place, and the time and cost of a quarantine hospital was prohibitive. So this is/was my first chance.
I've also read the Gov.uk site..and I fear you are correct. But I was hoping as you only need a doctors note to return to the US (if recently recovered) I was hoping the same would suit for England now. I will however buy some home tests and hope.....I was only wondering if anyone else has been in this spot.