Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

transitioning from UK to USA school

transitioning from UK to USA school

Old Oct 27th 2017, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transitioning from UK to USA school

Originally Posted by RollingStones
My heart goes out to you karenkaren1.

We've just moved over to Philly this year. My children are 11 and 13, and moving schools was serious consideration for us.
However, we're here and we've done it. It's harder but also better than we expected. If I can help let me know.

Are you planning to stay or do you have an assignment?
Our plan is 3 years, although we are aware it could change, we have to expect atleast one of the children to be doing the IB when we go back.
we are planning to stay but that also depends on a lot of things (husband needs waiver of inadmissibility). your kids are very similar ages to mine, I will be asking you lots of questions once we have the visa approved, thankyou
Old Oct 27th 2017, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

RollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond reputeRollingStones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: transitioning from UK to USA school

Absolutely.
Although I should add, given the timeframe, we insisted on private schools for the kids. I was afraid of them becoming overwhelmed in the US system, losing ground and then moving them back in 3 years being too much.