Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transferring money from one country to another!

Transferring money from one country to another!

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:06 am
Lisa

Lisa A Burrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Transferring money from one country to another!

Hi all,

I am a USC living in the UK 10 years now. I keep an American bank account as I am STILL paying off student loans there. I have been frustrated for many years at paying the extra fees to send money home in order to pay my bills in the states. I have only just this year found the perfect exchange process that costs me absolutely nothing!

Thats right, even if my American bank account charges me for the transfer (which they do) I get reimbursed for the charge.

I use the Post Office International Payments

http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/finance...aignid=PPC_OMT

I have been exchanging british pounds for just under 7 months now. The rules are:

1. They only exchange certain currencies
2. There is a min amount you can transfer
3. exchange rate changes live and by the second
4. You can set up a monthly exchange with a fixed rate

The min British Pound you can exchange is £250.00 at a time. They have reimbursed my American bank charges every time. They have only been doing this for a year or so, I would have saved a fortune had I been able to do this from 10 years ago! I hope it helps someone!