Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transferring large amounts of cash pre marriage

Transferring large amounts of cash pre marriage

Old Jul 7th 2016, 9:21 pm
Banned

britmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring large amounts of cash pre marriage

Originally Posted by tom169
Ref my previous post warning him with his well being in mind!(unlike Peluski who just wants to play at finger pointing today!)
Thanks for the advice, but respectfully after many years of happy dating and countless visits, the amount of risk is minimal. I'm already giving up a fantastic job and moving thousands of miles away from family and friends.

If it all goes tits up, I've got more to worry about than my savings.
I'm glad you took my concern in the manner it was intended, & the very best of luck with your new life in the USA!!!
(if you want to know my (sort of) tragic story with an American woman then pm me!!)

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 8th 2016 at 12:02 am. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Jul 7th 2016, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britmick
if you want to know my (sort of) tragic story with an American woman then pm me!!
Given the tenor of your prior posts, I've no doubt that your "tragic story" was self-inflicted and that the American woman was a lot smarter than you're likely to give credit for! I'm guessing a lot of American men also react the same way!

Ian
Old Jul 8th 2016, 12:32 am
Banned

britmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond reputebritmick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Given the tenor of your prior posts, I've no doubt that your "tragic story" was self-inflicted and that the American woman was a lot smarter than you're likely to give credit for! I'm guessing a lot of American men also react the same way!

Ian
Oh you're a piece of work aren't you Ian?

I would love to have a few beers with you sometime never!!!
Old Jul 8th 2016, 5:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by britmick
Oh you're a piece of work aren't you Ian?
I would love to have a few beers with you sometime never!!!
Well. I'd have to agree that having a pint with you being so grumpy as you are right now would be no fun at all & you would probably end up looking a bit billy-no-mates in the sticky carpet corner of the pub by the mens loos.

C'mon. I have no idea what the grumps are about . You may have a good reason today and I am certainly not asking as to the why but instead of being rude for no reason really perhaps just go for a walk or go hit a pillow and come back when you are feeling a bit more social.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 5:57 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Please note that you will soon have (or may already have) a requirement to file an FBAR on any bank account that has > $10,000 USD held overseas. This is a bank account declaration filed with the Treasury separate from the currency transfer declarations that may be made by your bank.

Yeah, more paper.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Ian, that's rude and completely unnecessary. I have no idea what makes you think that writing that post was a good idea.

Bevs, I also have no idea why you are telling Mick to back off, and not Ian.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 10:48 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
Ian, that's rude and completely unnecessary. I have no idea what makes you think that writing that post was a good idea.

It's the heat. I've been grumpy all week too.

Not now though! It's FRIDAY!!! Cheer up peeps!

And I've got a party to go to and they've got a pool and nice people. And cold wine.
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Owen778
You have a PM
Old Jul 8th 2016, 11:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
Please note that you will soon have (or may already have) a requirement to file an FBAR on any bank account that has > $10,000 USD held overseas. This is a bank account declaration filed with the Treasury separate from the currency transfer declarations that may be made by your bank.

Yeah, more paper.
It's not just $10K+ in any bank account...it's the total sum of all overseas accounts.