Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transferring Credit History

Transferring Credit History

Old Jun 7th 2014, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of
Default Transferring Credit History

I've just gone online to pay my Visa card ( Virgin money) and noticed that the link is actually to Bank of America. Is there any way this card's history can be used to help build up our credit history once we are in the States?

I understand you can transfer some history with Amex - we've had a BA Platinum Amex for at least a couple of years now but not sure whether we need to change the card type!
Old Jun 7th 2014, 8:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring Credit History

As far as I know (which is a fair way ), any Amex card in the UK is as good as any other Amex card, and can be used to open a US Amex card.

Bank of America just provides the payment and operations support for Virgin, so I sincerely doubt that there is a mechanism to tap your UK credit history from the US.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Springy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud ofSpringy6 has much to be proud of

Thanks Pulaski - pleased we should be able to keep the BA Amex for now - useful for building up air miles ! Shame about the Bank of America - had never noticed it before in all the years I've been accessing the account.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

jtlc2345 is an unknown quantity at this point

I enquired about the Bank of America issue when I moved and unfortunately it doesn't translate.

Jonathan
Old Jun 8th 2014, 3:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski

Bank of America just provides the payment and operations support for Virgin, so I sincerely doubt that there is a mechanism to tap your UK credit history from the US.
It's also technically a separate entity to the US operations.