British Expats

British Expats (
-   USA (
-   -   Transfering American Express card from UK to USA (

mcjimbo Jul 21st 2004 2:49 pm

Transfering American Express card from UK to USA
Hi everyone,

I heard through the grapevine that you can transfer an American Express Card from the UK to the USA. Not a balance transfer, but apparently they will let you switch the country over. Which would be great as i've just moved here, it would get me in the U.S. credit system.

I've done a bit of googling and called AMEX and haven't been able to get any help/information about this service. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance


Dufus Jul 21st 2004 7:51 pm

Try this...

Good Luck

Pulaski Jul 22nd 2004 2:11 am

Re: Transfering American Express card from UK to USA
I had a British based AMEX card, moved to New York and applied for a US one. I was rejected, but this gave me a contact and a US AMEX file (albeit one for a rejection), which amounted to a foot in the door. So I wrote back telling them I had already been an AMEX card holder for X years, but in the UK. Back came a US AMEX card, with a sensible (four figure) credit limit. :)

The same apparently applies for Bank One and MBNA credit cards.

All times are GMT. The time now is 6:01 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.