Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Traffic School ~ Doing it Now, Wanna Help?

Traffic School ~ Doing it Now, Wanna Help?

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:17 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traffic School ~ Doing it Now, Wanna Help?

So I was doing 60 in a 40. But I blubbed my eyes out so the nice PC put 50 instead so I could do traffic school. Don't know why he couldn't just have sent me on my merry way. Humph!

Anyway, I've enrolled on one of those online traffic school thingies.

I'm on the first page and there is a timer that won't allow you to move onto the next page for 400 and something seconds. Well I've got 300 to go!

At this rate the bloody thing is gonna take me all night.

Anyone else done traffic school?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:20 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic School ~ Doing it Now, Wanna Help?

Aaarghhhhhh! 600 seconds before I can click past page 2!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

DarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of light

Got a nice photo of me in the mail not stopping at a red before turning right. Couldn't really contest it since I had the roof down and that was clearly me driving the car

I did it in bits and pieces over the course of several nights. Couldn't hack it all in one go. It should allow you to log out and log back in again and it'll continue where you left off. Good luck, but you'll hardly need it. It's not exactly hard, just time consuming!

Online traffic school was a pain, but a damn sight better than going to ACTUAL traffic school!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 6:37 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by DarrenP
Got a nice photo of me in the mail not stopping at a red before turning right. Couldn't really contest it since I had the roof down and that was clearly me driving the car

I did it in bits and pieces over the course of several nights. Couldn't hack it all in one go. It should allow you to log out and log back in again and it'll continue where you left off. Good luck, but you'll hardly need it. It's not exactly hard, just time consuming!

Online traffic school was a pain, but a damn sight better than going to ACTUAL traffic school!
Bang to rights then? LOL.

So, how is the weather in SF? Bit like England? Unpredictible and rains a lot?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

DarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
So, how is the weather in SF? Bit like England? Unpredictible and rains a lot?
Hah no, not at all. It's pretty predictable and waaaaay nicer than England. The rain is usually from say, Jan through to April, then done for the rest of the year. It's been beautiful for weeks now. But there are two distinctly odd things about the weather here: 1) No matter how hot a summers day it is, it's always cold in the evening. 2) Microclimates. I live in Potrero hill, the sunniest part of town by far, but other areas like the Sunset (ironically) are shrouded in mist in July.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Never done traffic school. There were 2 occasions where I had the "opportunity";

1. Downtown Oakland late on a Friday night. Had had a few beers. Stopped at a traffic light. Got confused and thought it was okay to go through the red light if it was clear - so I did. Unfortunately the car right behind me at the light was an Oakland cop! Pulled me over and made me do the tests (stand on one leg, walk in a straight line, tip your head back and count to 10 etc). I passed those okay so no DUI. But he gave me a ticket for the red light. I decided I was a bit of a tosser and deserved the punishment. Didn't contest it and didn''t do traffic school.

2. Got pulled over by a CHP motorcycle rider (who had glanced at me while he was travelling in the opposite direction). Gave me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Only thing was, I was wearing a seatbelt! And he saw me take it off too. But he said I must have put it on while he did the U turn and caught up with me - how can you argue against logic like that? Contested that ticket and won because the cop didn't show up in court. That time he was definitely the tosser.

Good luck with the school.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

I had to go to do an 8 hour defensive driving course last year.
that was a fun way to spend a saturday.
was very basic & boring
got a certificate though
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know why he couldn't just have sent me on my merry way.
So I was doing 60 in a 40.
you kind of answered your own question.
*LOL*
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
*LOL*
Pft just another bored copper picking on an "innocent" motorist instead of catching real criminals eh.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:11 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Manc
*LOL*
But I cwied and cwied and cwied
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:12 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Pft just another bored copper picking on an "innocent" motorist instead of catching real criminals eh.
And a poor girlie motorist at that. Driving alone too. What is the world coming to
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:15 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

LMAO! I just learnt something.

Never make a U turn on a one-way street!
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO! I just learnt something.

Never make a U turn on a one-way street!

Good to know.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:44 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

I KID YOU NOT!!!! The first quiz on traffic school. Read it and weep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of intersection was our main character approaching in the Section #1 Case Study entitled “Flashing Red”?
A. 2 way
B. 3 way
C. 4 way
D. 5 way

2 When two cars arrive at an intersection at the same time, which car has the right of way? A. The car on the right B. The car on the left C. The bigger car D. Both cars

3 What color was our main characters pizza delivery vehicle in the Section #1 Case Study entitled “Flashing Red”? A. Salami Silver B. Marinara Red C. Olive Orange D. Cheesy Yellow

4 When is it legal to park along a RED curb? A. When you are stopping for a short time only. B. When you are loading and unloading passengers. C. When you have a handicapped placard. D. Never.

5 Blind intersections are intersections where you cannot see for how many feet in either direction? A. 250 B. 500 C. 100 D. 75

6 What kind of delivery vehicle was our main character driving in the Section #1 Case Study entitled “Flashing Red”? A. Motorcycle B. Bike C. Car D. Truck

7 What was the name of the pizza delivery boy in the Section #1 Case Study entitled “Flashing Red”? A. “The Pizza girl” B. “Pauly’s Pizza” C. “The pizza king” D. “Pizza boy” Bob

8 When is it legal to drive a car in the bike lane? A. When traffic is jammed. B. When you are in a residential neighborhood. C. When preparing to turn at an intersection. D. Never.

9 What should you do when you park heading downhill? A. Turn your tires away from the curb. B. Keep your tires straight ahead. C. Turn your tires into the curb. D. None of the above.

10 In the Section #1 Case Study entitled “Flashing Red”? What color was the signal light flashing when our pizza delivery driver approached it? A. Red B. Yellow C. Green D. Orange
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 2:50 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

So I was doing 60 in a 40. But I blubbed my eyes out so the nice PC put 50 instead so I could do traffic school. Don't know why he couldn't just have sent me on my merry way. Humph!

Anyway, I've enrolled on one of those online traffic school thingies.

I'm on the first page and there is a timer that won't allow you to move onto the next page for 400 and something seconds. Well I've got 300 to go!

At this rate the bloody thing is gonna take me all night.

Anyone else done traffic school?
My poor old dad had to do the very same online traffic school thing. He was driving past a school in FL doing 35 (the regular speed limit on that stretch of road). He swears that the 25mph-when-the-light's-flashing sign wasn't flashing, but a few yards along the police were pulling people over wholesale.

He decided not to argue/contest and went through the whole painful process of having to wait before moving page-to-page as you describe.

I'll have to ask him if he tried crying...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.