Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Traditional Sunday Roast's

Wikiposts

Traditional Sunday Roast's

Old Apr 13th 2004, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!! I'll definately share pics of my new kitchen!....I'm SO excited about it!!!!!,it's turning out exactly the way I envisioned it to be!,after all the bickering with hubby (AND there's been plenty along the way,LOL)!,he just couldn't picture the finished kitchen in his mind the way I could,'course,now it's nearly finished, he can see what I've had in my head all this time!!!!! It hasn't been a grey fog after all!!ha!ha!....Sophia
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Traditional Sunday Roast's

Originally posted by whatever
"Mmmmm....!" Gravy soaked slices of Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puds, Crispy Roast Potatoes, Roasted Parsnips, Paxo Stuffing, Brussels, Carrots and Peas... maybe even some mini sausages wrapped in Bacon! Divine! Okay, so I probably only cook a roast once in a while but I can't imagine giving it up forever.
Do you still make a roast now you're in the US and if so, does it taste the same???
Sunday I made roast lamb, yorkies, crispy baked tatties and veggies. Complete with mint sauce that I managed to find in Virginia, and Bisto which my daughter brought over.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:13 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Yes, we have roasts and it just so happened we had roast beef this weekend, the full British good stuff, AND we didn't have to cook it

Magic
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:15 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ben
Yes, we have roasts and it just so happened we had roast beef this weekend, the full British good stuff, AND we didn't have to cook it

Magic
sounds wicked!
Wish I was there!

oh............
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:18 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
sounds wicked!
Wish I was there!

oh............

Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:25 am
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

We've discovered boneless turkey breast, just pop in the oven for 2 hours and my gosh everyone will love you forever. Ovens are more powerful here I find, and the size is definitely a plus.

Add to that yorkshires, roast tatties, and gravy.

But where oh where is the trifle when you need it, something nice cool and slippery to complete the stomach bursting fill.

Actually, I'm a non-meat eater, so ended up myself with a plate of seared tuna and Zatarain's rice. Still, enjoyed picking at the roast potato crispy bits.