Tourist?

Old Aug 19th 2002, 4:50 am
Just Joined

gcatalin24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourist?

Hello
I have a question for you all if you go on a tourist visa how can i get papers there, on what reason? I mean how can i get a job?
Old Aug 19th 2002, 6:24 am
Joachim Feise

Default Re: Tourist?

gcatalin24 wrote:
    > Hello I have a question for you all if you go on a tourist visa how can i get
    > papers there, on what reason? I mean how can i get a job?

If you enter the US on a tourist visa, you can not work at all.

Old Aug 19th 2002, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gcatalin24:
Hello
I have a question for you all if you go on a tourist visa how can i get papers there, on what reason? I mean how can i get a job?
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Just in case....You shouldn't apply for visitor visa and come to the US to find job. Job is very limited now and you might only get 30 days to stay here. You might want to look into H1b visa if you have good skills and at least a bachelor degree. Find a job and sponsorship for the visa before you come.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 10:46 am
Just Joined

gcatalin24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mailmena:

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Just in case....You shouldn't apply for visitor visa and come to the US to find job. Job is very limited now and you might only get 30 days to stay here. You might want to look into H1b visa if you have good skills and at least a bachelor degree. Find a job and sponsorship for the visa before you come.
I know that with a h1b visa is more easy, but unfortunatley now is a waste of time, nobody offer sponsorship now, here in Romania i have a bachelor degree and some skills but how can i get the job outside. I feel that nobody is looking to my cv, or i'm not looking in the good place. Maybe no is not a good time to find a job trough the internet.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Tea4 Two is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gcatalin24:

I know that with a h1b visa is more easy, but unfortunatley now is a waste of time, nobody offer sponsorship now, here in Romania i have a bachelor degree and some skills but how can i get the job outside. I feel that nobody is looking to my cv, or i'm not looking in the good place. Maybe no is not a good time to find a job trough the internet. [/QUOTE

It all depends on your background and skills. I recently got my H1B. Here's a good tip: When I was applying for work I always paid attention to my spelling and grammar. ]
Old Aug 20th 2002, 3:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gcatalin24:
Hello
Your situation is just about impossible. Even if you were able to get to the US you will find it difficult to find work if your English isn't good, unless you want to work in a fast food restaurant, and the INS doesn't issue visa for that.

As it is, even if you have a visa, professional qualifications and years of experience you will still find it almost impossible. That was my situation last year (pre 9/11) and even with a well connected recruitment agent I wasn't able to get an employer interested in giving me an interview until I had arrived in the US.

Your bst bet is probably the diversity lottery, and even them you will have to be prepared to take low paid work until you improve your English and the economy picks up.