Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:32 am
Just Joined

maya2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Hi everyone,

I am 23 and a tourism graduate looking to work in the USA for at least 6 months. I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007. I have also done cabin crew. I had a great time doing both, but I really want to get into a hotel role or something customer service orientated in the USA. Some of my friends have married and relocated out there, but I am too young, free and single for that! Does anyone know of any legit agencies or at least a platform for me to start looking. I have researched tirelessly online at individual hotels but of course many have vacancies for US citizens. I know the process can be long but I really want to explore out there and possibly start a career abroad!

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Originally Posted by maya2012
Hi everyone,

I am 23 and a tourism graduate looking to work in the USA for at least 6 months. I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007. I have also done cabin crew. I had a great time doing both, but I really want to get into a hotel role or something customer service orientated in the USA. Some of my friends have married and relocated out there, but I am too young, free and single for that! Does anyone know of any legit agencies or at least a platform for me to start looking. I have researched tirelessly online at individual hotels but of course many have vacancies for US citizens. I know the process can be long but I really want to explore out there and possibly start a career abroad!

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Welcome to BE.

Take a read through this...if you fit into any of the categories you may have a chance of moving to the US. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:58 am
Just Joined

maya2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a read quite insightful. Thank you!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt very much such jobs are restricted to US Citizens.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I doubt very much such jobs are restricted to US Citizens.
The wrath of the federal government would descend.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

When did you graduate?

If it was recently, then look up the J1...other wise go and study for a masters or realistically if you don't want to go down the match.com route forget about it for the near future, till you've either got yourself a lot of experience or niche company knowledge in an outfit that would consider transferring you to the US.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maya2012
I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007.
What work-authorized visa did you have that enabled you to work in the US? Or were you working illegally?