British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/tourism-graduate-looking-relocate-usa-747828/)

maya2012 Feb 8th 2012 11:32 am

Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Hi everyone,

I am 23 and a tourism graduate looking to work in the USA for at least 6 months. I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007. I have also done cabin crew. I had a great time doing both, but I really want to get into a hotel role or something customer service orientated in the USA. Some of my friends have married and relocated out there, but I am too young, free and single for that! Does anyone know of any legit agencies or at least a platform for me to start looking. I have researched tirelessly online at individual hotels but of course many have vacancies for US citizens. I know the process can be long but I really want to explore out there and possibly start a career abroad!

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Jerseygirl Feb 8th 2012 11:38 am

Re: Tourism graduate looking to relocate to USA....

Originally Posted by maya2012 (Post 9890520)
Hi everyone,

I am 23 and a tourism graduate looking to work in the USA for at least 6 months. I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007. I have also done cabin crew. I had a great time doing both, but I really want to get into a hotel role or something customer service orientated in the USA. Some of my friends have married and relocated out there, but I am too young, free and single for that! Does anyone know of any legit agencies or at least a platform for me to start looking. I have researched tirelessly online at individual hotels but of course many have vacancies for US citizens. I know the process can be long but I really want to explore out there and possibly start a career abroad!

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to BE.

Take a read through this...if you fit into any of the categories you may have a chance of moving to the US. Good luck.

maya2012 Feb 8th 2012 11:58 am

I had a read quite insightful. Thank you!

scrubbedexpat099 Feb 8th 2012 3:07 pm

I doubt very much such jobs are restricted to US Citizens.

fatbrit Feb 8th 2012 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 9890842)
I doubt very much such jobs are restricted to US Citizens.

The wrath of the federal government would descend.

Bob Feb 8th 2012 7:17 pm

When did you graduate?

If it was recently, then look up the J1...other wise go and study for a masters or realistically if you don't want to go down the match.com route forget about it for the near future, till you've either got yourself a lot of experience or niche company knowledge in an outfit that would consider transferring you to the US.

BritishGuy36 Feb 8th 2012 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by maya2012 (Post 9890520)
I've had the opportunity to work at Universal Studios, Florida, for 3months in the summer 2007.

What work-authorized visa did you have that enabled you to work in the US? Or were you working illegally?