Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Touch Me In The Morning ?

Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Touch Me In The Morning ?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Motown star Diana Ross has been sentenced to two days in prison after pleading no contest to a drink driving charge, her lawyer says.

Under an arrangement with the court, the 59-year-old singer entered her plea by telephone from New York and was likely to serve her time at a jail near her home in Los Angeles County.

"I think she is very pleased to have this behind her," her lawyer Stephen Paul Barnard said on Monday. "She was willing to accept a plea along these lines a long time ago."

The 59-year-old performer, who rose to fame as a member of the Supremes during the 1960s, was stopped early in the morning of December 30, 2002, by police in Tucson, Arizona, who were responding to a call about a motorist driving the wrong way through traffic.

According to a report by police, officers found Ross, her eyes watery and bloodshot, in front of a closed video store asking for directions back to a local resort. They said she had a strong odour of alcohol on her breath.

In May 2002, Ross checked into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in Malibu, California, before the start of a summer tour. At the time, her publicist told reporters she needed to "clear up some personal issues." Two months later, she abruptly cancelled the tour after only a few shows.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Supergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW- can't imagine Diana Ross in jail
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:36 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Supergirl
WOW- can't imagine Diana Ross in jail
WOW - I cannot imagine pleading guilty to drunk driving by phone and then getting 48 hours in jail.

Wouldn't work for Jo Punter down here !
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:02 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Touch Me In The Morning ?

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I read the title and thought it was another revelation about Jacko.

I've been reading everywhere about a celebrity backlash. That too long people have been consuming the lifestyle of these people and the tide is turning.

Martha Stewart, Robert Blake, Kobie Bryant, MJ and soon Phil Spector in court.
There's a TV show on at midday here called Celebrity Justice which by the looks of it will have to be a one hour show soon.

Forget watching the entertainment channels for your celebs, we'll all be watching Court TV !

"We ain't gonna let them get away with it no more."
(A prosecutor in the Martha Stewart case)
Old Feb 10th 2004, 4:45 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

A few variations of her songs

Stop in the name of the law (Love)
Chain Reaction
Let's go down (up)
Missing you
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Touch Me In The Morning ?

Originally posted by Webbie
I read the title and thought it was another revelation about Jacko.

I've been reading everywhere about a celebrity backlash. That too long people have been consuming the lifestyle of these people and the tide is turning.

Martha Stewart, Robert Blake, Kobie Bryant, MJ and soon Phil Spector in court.
There's a TV show on at midday here called Celebrity Justice which by the looks of it will have to be a one hour show soon.

Forget watching the entertainment channels for your celebs, we'll all be watching Court TV !

"We ain't gonna let them get away with it no more."
(A prosecutor in the Martha Stewart case)
I agree. I am sick of the "holier than thou" attitude of these so called celebrities. They seem to think they can get away with murder (some do). It would be refreshing to see most of them treated just the same as 'joe blow', but of course that is never going to happen. Can you imagine Martha in jail? Personally, I think it would be a very good thing.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:06 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Intresting...I wonder if she will get out after a day for good behaviour? Hell if so, all she needs to do is read a book for a few hours and sleep the rest of the time...not much of a sentence considering she could have killed people!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:02 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, they could have used the Finnish method of working out the punishment for driving violations:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3477285.stm

...I'm sure she makes a few bob in 2 months, and apparently that's what they fine you for drunk driving - 2 months of your average salary from last year!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by kazzuk
A few variations of her songs

Stop in the name of the law (Love)
Chain Reaction
Let's go down (up)
Missing you
surely chain GANG reaction...