British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Torture Devices (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/torture-devices-240785/)

AmerLisa Jul 9th 2004 12:28 am

Originally posted by snorkmaiden
Yes well the gun idea is certainly one my hubby and dad are in favour of, in fact my dads suggestion was a Claymore rigged up in the garage :D

I actually went with some motion sensors, attached to a rather loud alarm and light, which hopefully will cause the little bar-stewards to wet themselves if they try our garage again.

I'm going to chain the lawn mower and the bikes up as well, just make it all a little less convenient for them.

We actually have a theory on who it is, I'd love to catch the little snots in the act.
Where in the heck do you live anyway? Hopefully its not Kent, WA - but I wouldn't be too surprised!
:D

ScousePete Jul 9th 2004 2:29 am

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Where in the heck do you live anyway? Hopefully its not Kent, WA - but I wouldn't be too surprised!
:D
This thread made me laugh :D

After reading all the threads, here is a summary of what you need to do: :lecture:

1. Go to Ikea/Walmart/Target and buy an electric kettle
2. Plug the kettle in and wait for it to boil
3. While you are waiting grab yourself a pistol/rifle/rocket launcher
4. Once you hear the burglar, invite them in for a cuppa
5. While they are drinking their tea, if they make any comment about how it would taste better made with a kettle you brought from the UK (including transformer) you are allowed to shoot them.
6. Otherwise take your transformer and attach it to their sensitive bits. :eek:

;)

Lion in Winter Jul 9th 2004 3:13 am

Originally posted by ScousePete

After reading all the threads, here is a summary of what you need to do: :lecture:

5. While they are drinking their tea, if they make any comment about how it would taste better made with a kettle you brought from the UK (including transformer) you are allowed to shoot them.

;)
Well you left out the flying cockroach, but other than that, an excellent summary.:cool:

snorkmaiden Jul 9th 2004 3:40 am

Originally posted by ScousePete

;)
Sounds like a plan, although in all fairness they should probably make me the cuppa whilst the transformer is attached to their sensitive bits and I could also show them some good Liverpudlian hospitality by introducing them to the Kirby kiss on the way out :D

Ray Jul 9th 2004 5:16 am

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Another reason why I wouldn't move there.
You have the same right in King County as well..

AmerLisa Jul 9th 2004 6:33 am

Originally posted by ray6
You have the same right in King County as well..
Thank you, I feel much safer now.
:scared:

pedro66 Jul 11th 2004 1:19 am

Why not just put the kettle on the top of the garage door so it falls on the burgular. thus 2 conversations combined