Wikiposts

Toronto

Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toronto

Off to get the visa stamp in Toronto tommorrow for a few days...any ideas where to go - bars/restaurants/shops etc ...Its also our first wedding anniversary too !
Ta
Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:50 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto

Originally Posted by elaineKB
Off to get the visa stamp in Toronto tommorrow for a few days...any ideas where to go - bars/restaurants/shops etc ...Its also our first wedding anniversary too !
Ta
You may get more answers on the Canada forum
Old Mar 31st 2006, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bored-silly
You may get more answers on the Canada forum
Yeh done that already...was just thinking that many of u guys may have had to travel there for same reason so may know ideas for short stay...anyway thanks
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

if it was baseball season, well worth catching a game as tickets are well cheap, and the stadium is a quality nose bleeder

Also not far from Montreal which is pretty cool, Biodome and all those other fun things in the same neighbourhood...
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:03 am
Just Joined

sweeties_tweety is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Toronto for a year and I loved it.
The best place for shopping is of course the infamous Eaton Centre on Yonge Street. Its a huge shopping mall which has just about everything. If youre wanting something a little different then Queen Street West (between Yonge and Spadina) has loads of little boutiques and cool stores, so Id definitely recommend that area.
If youre wanting to go to clubs then John and Richmond is a really buzzing place. But if youre wanting nice restaurants then theres a strip of really cute bars/restaurants on the King/spadina area, and then theres Little Italy which is located on College and Bathurst- the bars there are really nice and its where I went a lot.
Hope you have a great time and I hope you love the place as much as I do.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is at uni there. One of the best restaurants is Sazz Frazz in York Town. Good for celeb spotting they all eat there while filming in T.O. Weather permitting you must go up the CN tower. My daughters apartment is between the tower and the lake. Don't much care for the Eaton Centre myself, not a patch on the US malls.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 1st 2006 at 12:20 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention a good, reasonably prices restaurant chain in T.O. is named Milestones. We often eat there when visiting our daughter.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry, something else I forgot to mention if you are crossing the border at Buffalo/Niagara I would highly recommend using the Niagara crossing especially on the way back in the evening. Sometimes we have been waiting at the Lewiston Bridge crossing for hours on Sunday returning to the US. Odd as you would assume the Niagara crossing to be the busiest.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sweeties_tweety
I lived in Toronto for a year and I loved it.
The best place for shopping is of course the infamous Eaton Centre on Yonge Street. Its a huge shopping mall which has just about everything. If youre wanting something a little different then Queen Street West (between Yonge and Spadina) has loads of little boutiques and cool stores, so Id definitely recommend that area.
If youre wanting to go to clubs then John and Richmond is a really buzzing place. But if youre wanting nice restaurants then theres a strip of really cute bars/restaurants on the King/spadina area, and then theres Little Italy which is located on College and Bathurst- the bars there are really nice and its where I went a lot.
Hope you have a great time and I hope you love the place as much as I do.
cheers for that...went window shopping in all above ...great will be going there without hubby this week !!

We had dinner in king st so maybe head to little italy tonight

thanks !
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My daughter is at uni there. One of the best restaurants is Sazz Frazz in York Town. Good for celeb spotting they all eat there while filming in T.O. Weather permitting you must go up the CN tower. My daughters apartment is between the tower and the lake. Don't much care for the Eaton Centre myself, not a patch on the US malls.
will check out the fancy restaurant now thanks !!

Eaton is good for me as dont have a car in NY so dont get chance to go to a mall often !

cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, something else I forgot to mention if you are crossing the border at Buffalo/Niagara I would highly recommend using the Niagara crossing especially on the way back in the evening. Sometimes we have been waiting at the Lewiston Bridge crossing for hours on Sunday returning to the US. Odd as you would assume the Niagara crossing to be the busiest.
cheers for that but we flew instead
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl]My daughter is at uni there. One of the best restaurants is Sazz Frazz in York Town.

cant find a listing for this restaurant ?
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 5:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

[QUOTE=elaineKB]
My daughter is at uni there. One of the best restaurants is Sazz Frazz in York Town.

cant find a listing for this restaurant ?
Its Yorkville, north of Bloor St. Try to have a walk around the University of Toronto campus its beautiful. One thing to watch out for is the homeless people, some have mental problems and have been thrown out of the institutions to live on the street. One reached into the car and attacked my hubby as he was reading a newspaper. Then he kicked the car door and left a dent. My daughters room mate was also attacked she now carries mace on her key chain. A few months ago my daughter brought a few of her Canadian friends home and they went into NYC, they asked her where all the homeless people were!

Jack Astors is another reasonably price restaurant.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:43 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Might want to avoid Yonge St. today.http://www.canada.com/topics/news/na...074a83&k=64639

I was in the area for most of last week. A pretty good restaurant is Toba - 243 King St East.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by neil
Might want to avoid Yonge St. today.http://www.canada.com/topics/news/na...074a83&k=64639

I was in the area for most of last week. A pretty good restaurant is Toba - 243 King St East.
Glad my daughter was in the uni library all day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.