Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Top Shop coming to the USA?

Top Shop coming to the USA?

Old Jun 24th 2006, 9:10 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light
Default Top Shop coming to the USA?

Just read this article that Top Shop are following on from the success of Zara and H&M are are scouting for a location in New York to open by next spring.

Top Shop

The good news continues as they are expenading their website in September to include US.

So excited. I think I am going to start a Top Shop fund that will probably surpass my 401k.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Top Shop coming to the USA?

I thought Top Shop was a chavettes shop.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
It is, just like Burton is a Chavs shop for blokes
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:03 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by looselips
Just read this article that Top Shop are following on from the success of Zara and H&M are are scouting for a location in New York to open by next spring.

Top Shop

The good news continues as they are expenading their website in September to include US.

So excited. I think I am going to start a Top Shop fund that will probably surpass my 401k.
That's excellent. Any British clothes store is better than what the US has to offer.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 10:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Top Shop coming to the USA?

Thank you for the heads up on that post.

Good news indeed.....I often pop into H&M in their various NYC stores as well as New Jersey but I've never been in one which has petite sizes...same again for Zara which I really like. Hope TopShop will offer petites in New York. The H&M stores on 34th & 7th Ave and another one on 34th near Herald Sq. are always packed with shoppers and they're not just browsing.

I've passed the link to my friend who works in the NYC fashion industry....she fits for the Gap and she says that they're losing money big time - they've just fired all of their creative team as their stuff just isn't selling.

I think most young people want something fashionable which is only on sale for a very brief period so there's less chance of everyone else wearing the very same thing - but also cheap enough that once it has gone out of fashion it's not such a huge waste of money. Shops like the Gap, Abercrombie, Hollister, New York & Co. seem to sell the same stuff for weeks on end and there's little incentive to return to their stores.

Remember the bohemian look from last Summer? You don't see anyone wearing those gypsy skirts now do you? I've got a couple of them in my closet but I doubt that I'll be wearing them this year. Just as well they didn't cost much when I bought them in New Look in England last year.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read about Top Shop earlier in the week. In Garden State Mall, one of the largest malls in the US, Next opened up a store. It was just like walking into a Next store in the UK. Sadly a few months later it closed down. Hope Top Shop doesn't go the same way.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Thank you for the heads up on that post.

Good news indeed.....I often pop into H&M in their various NYC stores as well as New Jersey but I've never been in one which has petite sizes...same again for Zara which I really like. Hope TopShop will offer petites in New York. The H&M stores on 34th & 7th Ave and another one on 34th near Herald Sq. are always packed with shoppers and they're not just browsing.

I've passed the link to my friend who works in the NYC fashion industry....she fits for the Gap and she says that they're losing money big time - they've just fired all of their creative team as their stuff just isn't selling.

I think most young people want something fashionable which is only on sale for a very brief period so there's less chance of everyone else wearing the very same thing - but also cheap enough that once it has gone out of fashion it's not such a huge waste of money. Shops like the Gap, Abercrombie, Hollister, New York & Co. seem to sell the same stuff for weeks on end and there's little incentive to return to their stores.

Remember the bohemian look from last Summer? You don't see anyone wearing those gypsy skirts now do you? I've got a couple of them in my closet but I doubt that I'll be wearing them this year. Just as well they didn't cost much when I bought them in New Look in England last year.
Women are wearing the gypsy skirts here in NC. Department stores and chainstores are selling them.

Maybe you want to take a trip to NC so you can get some more wearage out of those skirts.

NC Penguin
Old Jun 25th 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

not any more its not, its been very chic for the last few years, their designs have been streets ahead of all the other high street stores in the UK for a long time, however 12 months ago I would have bought my plane ticket to New York as soon as I heard this news but the last time I went home in March this year, it was an absolute bag of shite..I bought one pair of shorts and I only bought them because I was so delighted at getting into a size 10..
I do hope they also improve their website if they are going to start selling in the US as its sooooo slow and has a very limited amount of stuff available.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:15 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Read about Top Shop earlier in the week. In Garden State Mall, one of the largest malls in the US, Next opened up a store. It was just like walking into a Next store in the UK. Sadly a few months later it closed down. Hope Top Shop doesn't go the same way.
Next closed down? Why?! That's mad. Next just has basics everyone can wear.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
Next closed down? Why?! That's mad. Next just has basics everyone can wear.
I have no idea. It was opened when the mall was extended a few years ago. Maybe too expensive for an unknown label? Never been able to understand why M&S haven't broken into the market here, they have even closed their stores in Canada.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:12 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Never been able to understand why M&S haven't broken into the market here.
Because they don't sell fat filled burgers and fries or plaid shirts and baseball caps.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by woodsey
not any more its not, its been very chic for the last few years, their designs have been streets ahead of all the other high street stores in the UK for a long time, however 12 months ago I would have bought my plane ticket to New York as soon as I heard this news but the last time I went home in March this year, it was an absolute bag of shite..I bought one pair of shorts and I only bought them because I was so delighted at getting into a size 10..
I do hope they also improve their website if they are going to start selling in the US as its sooooo slow and has a very limited amount of stuff available.
I have to admit to not having been in either a Top Shop or Top Man in maybe 15 years. J+J Suitiers and Purveyors of Fine Corduroy for the Discerning Gentleman are more my thing these days.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

I have to admit to not having been in either a Top Shop or Top Man in maybe 15 years. J+J Suitiers and Purveyors of Fine Corduroy for the Discerning Gentleman are more my thing these days.
Shame you're not as "discerning" over your hair
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Never been able to understand why M&S haven't broken into the market here, they have even closed their stores in Canada.
They're considering opening 150 new franchises worldwide but nothing for North America ---> http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1802183,00.html

Do they still own Brook's Brothers or did they flog that off?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
plaid shirts and baseball caps.
They do too, I've seen them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.