Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Top News Story

Top News Story

Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:09 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top News Story

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I do not normally watch the local Fox News programme, it just happened to come on after American Idol.
Anyway the point of this post is I thought it was my duty to make you all aware of the main article of news last night as I feel it was of major importance.

LEAVING YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPEN OVERNIGHT IS AN INVITATION TO THIEVES!
Gee! D'ya think? Cops in Clay County Florida are patrolling the neighborhoods looking for open garage doors at night! What a great use of resources. Cue some footage of said cops telling residents their doors are open What a pile of crap!

BTW, article number 3 on the news was a triple shooting, but heh nobody is interested in that these days are they?

End of rant.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Top News Story

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I do not normally watch the local Fox News programme, it just happened to come on after American Idol.
Anyway the point of this post is I thought it was my duty to make you all aware of the main article of news last night as I feel it was of major importance.

LEAVING YOUR GARAGE DOOR OPEN OVERNIGHT IS AN INVITATION TO THIEVES!
Gee! D'ya think? Cops in Clay County Florida are patrolling the neighborhoods looking for open garage doors at night! What a great use of resources. Cue some footage of said cops telling residents their doors are open What a pile of crap!

BTW, article number 3 on the news was a triple shooting, but heh nobody is interested in that these days are they?

End of rant.
You should see the news here in AZ. 2 weeks ago we had a hail storm, it lasted about all of 10 mins. The whole 5 oclock news was devoted to showing pics of it. I guess that was the only thing going on in AZ that day.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:14 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Red face

On our local station last week

They found a dead body in the house we moved out of.

Imagine seeing a picture of the house on the news while you're eating your breakfast... but they don't say if it was found in the walls or anything. Nor do they say if it was a murder etc...

It took me a few hours to find out a 25 year old bloke had hung himself.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top News Story

Originally posted by effi
You should see the news here in AZ. 2 weeks ago we had a hail storm, it lasted about all of 10 mins. The whole 5 oclock news was devoted to showing pics of it. I guess that was the only thing going on in AZ that day.
Yep, they love a good rain storm. We were watching the local news last week and within the first two stories, they cut to a live mansion fire in Maryland!. My wife and I just looked at each other and said "I guess there wasn't too much local news happening today".
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:36 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

On Monday night we were having a lot of rain, and they warned "be careful on the roads tomorrow, as they will be wet" They just treat us all as total morons.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:19 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite one is passed along to me from my brother. He was watching VA Tech football a few years ago, and the cut it off for...infomercials!!! He wrote quite a nasty letter to the broadcasting company hehehe.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:39 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

Imagine seeing a picture of the house on the news while you're eating your breakfast... but they don't say if it was found in the walls or anything. Nor do they say if it was a murder etc...

did you have sweaty palms for a while then Brig? or were you expecting a knock at the door
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

The body was found cemented into the walls.
A guy had murdered some English relatives who came over for a visit.
He was given life imprisonment for..............

CEMENTING ANGLO-AMERICAN RELATIONS
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:13 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
On Monday night we were having a lot of rain, and they warned "be careful on the roads tomorrow, as they will be wet" They just treat us all as total morons.
Maybe that's the TV channel's disclaimer of sorts to cover their asses!