Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Top Gear Show about Florida scarry!!!!!!!!

Top Gear Show about Florida scarry!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:22 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Gear Show about Florida scarry!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Some of it was funny, but they've blatantly gone to the areas where they knew they'd get people who fit the American stereotypes.
Or it was blatantly a set up job ...
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Or it was blatantly a set up job ...
Or that, but the part in filmed in Miami was set in a really crappy part where (unsurprisingly) the used car dealer has a concealed handgun and a rifle.

I bet they had security guys off camera.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

But just to confirm... yes I do get offered cheese with everything... that horrible plastic looking runny cheese.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:45 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

does anybody have a link to this episode??? im curious
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:45 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moving2montreal
Try post #28 of this thread.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got it from FinalGear.com via BitTorrent; the Redneck clip is all over YouTube.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

BBC have taken the clip off you tube for copyright reasons !!!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:20 pm
Banned

moving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud ofmoving2montreal has much to be proud of

i just watched the video - and it is quite frankly appalling. firstly the BBC were idiots to do such a stupid thing in america, but what can you say about hicks - they are subhumans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmzPU-mgkM

Last edited by moving2montreal; Feb 14th 2007 at 4:23 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:21 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kel.n.issy
BBC have taken the clip off you tube for copyright reasons !!!!!!
It's a conpiracy perpetrated by the Alabama board of tourism!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
Jokes aside is Florida worth going to?

Who said I was joking? Do you live here?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

lebones is on a distinguished road

These Top Gear guys are so far up their own a***s it doesnt matter.
Clarkson doesnt have one good word to say about Toyota cars,which are one of the best selling ,and in consumer surveys one of the most reliable cars on the planet.
I watched the show and found it funny but the crap at the end about , do not visit the USA was out of order in my opinion.
The like to hear their own voices a bit to much for me im afraid.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Who said I was joking? Do you live here?
No I dont live "here" thats why I am asking people about it who actually do-I dont know if I would even visit Florida but I am interested in the state and the US as a whole-I just want to know if Top Gears interpretation is accurate-What I can sense is it was set up in areas purposely chosen to create drama-I wouldn't want to live in a place that I felt threatened in-this is where Australia and England could win or is this wrong? What areas are good to bring a family to-I guessed Orlando was a tourist spot-where do the hurricanes hit! I other words what are the good areas that weren't shown on Top Gear!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

S09E03 on UKN among others
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Both Worlds
No I dont live "here" thats why I am asking people about it who actually do-I dont know if I would even visit Florida but I am interested in the state and the US as a whole-I just want to know if Top Gears interpretation is accurate-What I can sense is it was set up in areas purposely chosen to create drama-I wouldn't want to live in a place that I felt threatened in-this is where Australia and England could win or is this wrong? What areas are good to bring a family to-I guessed Orlando was a tourist spot-where do the hurricanes hit! I other words what are the good areas that weren't shown on Top Gear!
Hurricanes can hit anywhere along the coast.

The entire state is safe excepting for a couple of pockets in Miami which is an extremely large city so you're not likely to wander into it.

I live in one of the larger cities, one of the larger metropolitan areas in the country, and there isn't a single 'bad' place that I haven't driven through at night. It is very safe.

Are you thinking moving or visiting?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Both Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant futureBoth Worlds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Hurricanes can hit anywhere along the coast.

The entire state is safe excepting for a couple of pockets in Miami which is an extremely large city so you're not likely to wander into it.

I live in one of the larger cities, one of the larger metropolitan areas in the country, and there isn't a single 'bad' place that I haven't driven through at night. It is very safe.

Are you thinking moving or visiting?
Well visiting as we are moving to Brisbane in September-still I did grow up in California but I am British BUT my sister is American-I am quite international really-I would like to stay in Florida one day or maybe buy property or both-I would like to have a neutral country instead of the ongoing "war" between England v Australia-I am rather tired of it-plus I would like to give my art some chance (painter/installation artist)-but at least I feel I could come over and stay for maybe 3 months but I wanted to stay longer I would need permission to stay-I could apply to stay because of a sibling but I think that could take 10 years? what areas do u recommend-Fort Lauderdale? as for hurricanes didn't one hit just recently? where was that? I think it was Tampa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.