Scottish forever

scotia123 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Top five foods you miss from the UK

1. Fish and Chips
2. Marks & Sparks Prawn Sandwiches
3. Curry of any kind
4. Sausages
5. Real Granary bread

I guess Im getting used to the food here, I do go to Trader Joe's and get some stuff occassionally. I can get Branston Pickle and family bring over big jars of Marmite. I wish the cheese here was stronger, I get Black Diamond Cheddar from Sams it's awesome!!!.....I also wish I could get Pernod here but imagine it would be so bloody expensive.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:08 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Top five foods you miss from the UK

Originally Posted by scotia123
1. Fish and Chips
2. Marks & Sparks Prawn Sandwiches
3. Curry of any kind
4. Sausages
5. Real Granary bread

I guess Im getting used to the food here, I do go to Trader Joe's and get some stuff occassionally. I can get Branston Pickle and family bring over big jars of Marmite. I wish the cheese here was stronger, I get Black Diamond Cheddar from Sams it's awesome!!!.....I also wish I could get Pernod here but imagine it would be so bloody expensive.
I like Fish and Chips and real British Sausages. Trader Joe's has a good selection of goods but not much stuff from Britain unfortunately. I love Branston Pickle. That stuff is really good. Especially with ham and really strong Cheddar Cheese. I wish that the Cheese in the US was much stronger. Oh well. I hate Marmite. I always found it too salty and it use to give me sores in my mouth. I have to say that the bread in the US is good not great but good.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

CherryPi is an unknown quantity at this point

Only 5! That's a hard list to compile when I'm craving so much! But, forcing myself to narrow it down;

1. Fish & Chips (the crisps not from the chippy)
2. Chicken & Mushroom Pukka pies
3. Chips (from the chinese down the road)
4. Pickled Onion Monster Munch
5. Corned beef hash with pickled cabbage

There is so much more I want to add! But I miss my moms cooking most of all, especially her leg if lamb with mint sauce, roasties, mash and yorkies!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and I have to agree, the bacon, cheese and especially bread aren't the same here!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
I like Fish and Chips and real British Sausages. Trader Joe's has a good selection of goods but not much stuff from Britain unfortunately. I love Branston Pickle. That stuff is really good. Especially with ham and really strong Cheddar Cheese. I wish that the Cheese in the US was much stronger. Oh well. I hate Marmite. I always found it too salty and it use to give me sores in my mouth. I have to say that the bread in the US is good not great but good.
There is some really good cheese here, though probably doesn't help you as I'm not sure how far it sells, but there's a few places in VT, NH and MA that make great cheese.

Bloomin' expensive though...really is the gourmet stuff rather than being able to get some cheapo own brand stuff and it being half decent, or at least not so soft that it might as well be a spread
Old Nov 24th 2011, 1:49 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CherryPi
Only 5! That's a hard list to compile when I'm craving so much! But, forcing myself to narrow it down;

1. Fish & Chips (the crisps not from the chippy)
2. Chicken & Mushroom Pukka pies
3. Chips (from the chinese down the road)
4. Pickled Onion Monster Munch
5. Corned beef hash with pickled cabbage

There is so much more I want to add! But I miss my moms cooking most of all, especially her leg if lamb with mint sauce, roasties, mash and yorkies!
Took me a while to work out what that meant?

They aren't really crisps, they are more like a salt and vinegar equivalent of Goldfish?

Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Lol yep, those are the ones! I'm not a fan of goldfish though, way too salty! I believe the Fish and Chips are made by Burtons, but I was told the other day that they don't make them anymore!