Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Top 10 Places To Live In The US - 2006

Top 10 Places To Live In The US - 2006

Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 10 Places To Live In The US - 2006

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Couldn't believe my eyes - incredible.....
Can't say as I've ever been there or even knew anybody from there. Why the shock?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:06 am
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leslie66
For those of you considering relocation ......

http://biz.yahoo.com/special/besttowns06.html
$329,000 median house price!!!

You dont' get shit for under $600K in Naperville, agree with the rest of the facts though, Naperville is a great place to live, it is where people who are frightened of living in downtown Chiacgo live.

Though there are other quaint towns to live in the Chiacgoland area, but I guess most of them slipped under the radar because they have fewer than 50K people live there.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:07 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I launched a chocolate torpedo and eveything is good. Ta PS
Towards Atlantic City?!?

Or should that be Atlantic Shity?!?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:07 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terrier
$329,000 median house price!!!

You dont' get shit for under $600K in Naperville, agree with the rest of the facts though, Naperville is a great place to live, it is where people who are frightened of living in downtown Chiacgo live.

Though there are other quaint towns to live in the Chiacgoland area, but I guess most of them slipped under the radar because they have fewer than 50K people live there.
We lived in Downers Grove.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:09 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Towards Atlantic City?!?

Or should that be Atlantic Shity?!?
I'll bet $100 on the Brown....sorry Red.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:11 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Why the shock?
Partly because it reminds me of Harlow (the new town, without the quaint old bit), but mainly cos its just another part of the urban concrete sprawl of strip malls and new housing estates on the outer edges of Houston...pretty much like where we live actually... . Its about 20 mins down the road from us - must go down there again - not been for a while - maybe its had an extreme makeover in the last 2 months
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:15 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'll bet $100 on the Brown....sorry Red.
You can bet on me anyday, I'll win it for you!

Red 7
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:25 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Partly because it reminds me of Harlow (the new town, without the quaint old bit), but mainly cos its just another part of the urban concrete sprawl of strip malls and new housing estates on the outer edges of Houston...pretty much like where we live actually... . Its about 20 mins down the road from us - must go down there again - not been for a while - maybe its had an extreme makeover in the last 2 months
I've noticed that this particular list often times neglects lovely areas with fantastic culture. It seems to me that they base the criteria mainly on schools, cost of living, employment rates, housing, taxes, per capita income and crime rate. Those things are important but certainly not the be-all and end-all to everyone living in America. We have to consider the source though - a different publication would probably come up with completely different results.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about Columbus. As a matter of fact the entire state of Ohio can go suck big sweaty balls.
That's where OH comes from and thats just the sort of thing he would say about the place as well
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:37 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by britvic
That's where OH comes from and thats just the sort of thing he would say about the place as well
IMO - it is one of the most neglected states in the union. Don't even get me started on the shitty roads and streets.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I saw this earlier & was shocked to see Snottsdale at number 7, WTF?!?
Why are you so shocked?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

IMO - it is one of the most neglected states in the union. Don't even get me started on the shitty roads and streets.
That was where I first saw Trailer Park's and as OH says white trash Found out what Red Neck's were Oh yes all so charming and pleasing to the eye.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:50 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Why are you so shocked?
I was wondering that myself.... I think it's fantastic. Actually there are numerous places in Arizona I'd love to live. Of course I probably couldn't find work in Sedona. But what a gorgeous state.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:41 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bah-humbug ...... I love Plano. It's got everything anybody could possibly want within a few minutes drive. It's close enough to Dallas and Fort Worth (my favorite Texas City) with none of the urban decay or ridiculous traffic.
Although I've lived here 3 years, I've hardly been to Fort Worth except to visit the art museums and go to the rodeo.

What do you recommend I visit in Fort Worth, given that it's right on my doorstep? My little bro' will be here for a visit any day now, and I'll need some sights to show him, other than corn-fed teenage farmhands getting gored to death by huge angry hunks of pot-roast (as happened when I took my sister to the rodeo!).
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed that this particular list often times neglects lovely areas with fantastic culture. It seems to me that they base the criteria mainly on schools, cost of living, employment rates, housing, taxes, per capita income and crime rate. Those things are important but certainly not the be-all and end-all to everyone living in America. We have to consider the source though - a different publication would probably come up with completely different results.
Amazed that anywhere in SC does not even get a mention. Best summed up as testicles in abundance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.