Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:27 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I don't think there are enough digestives on the planet - oh and in order to look like eamonn I'd need someone to hit me round the face a few times with a baseball bat
He looks a right sad bastard, what with trying to tease his hair around his receeding hairline and bald spot...let it go mate.....shave it all off!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:46 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

I wish they'd bring in Bruce Forsyth for the 'Dancing with the Stars' programme over here.

I have the DVD of when he was the host of "Have I Got News For You" and it was hysterical, one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098820/quotes (Quotes)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Got-New...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

(This is the edition that I have - if you don't have it, put it on your Xmas pressie list; we bought our Cyberhome DVD player from BestBuy for about $28 and hacked it to play all-region coded DVDs).

Vol 2 is much, much cheaper at under 9 pounds and I'm definitely going to buy a copy (I didn't know it had been released)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Got-New...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I do miss watching that, the ad-libs are so funny and there is no other programme to compare to it. I guess that the Daily Show is the nearest equivalent to (political) satire over here? I saw HIGNFY in London a couple of weeks ago and the chef Gordon Ramsay was the guest host (they still haven't found a replacement for Angus Deayton) but Ramsay was too slow off the mark for Hislop and Merton.

Other amusing hosts have been the MP Boris Johnson (whom is a total twit and really ought to be leader of the Tory party.. ) and the actor Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave).

I have a compilation video of a much earlier series of HIGNFY; one of them was when the MP Roy Hattersley cancelled his appearance at the last minute and was replaced by a tub of lard.... In another show, the late Paula Yates was annoyed with Ian Hislop and she called him "the spawn of the Devil"

Damn. American TV is so boring isn't it?

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 2nd 2006 at 7:50 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

I do miss watching that, the ad-libs are so funny and there is no other programme to compare to it. I guess that the Daily Show is the nearest equivalent to (political) satire over here? I saw HIGNFY in London a couple of weeks ago and the chef Gordon Ramsay was the guest host (they still haven't found a replacement for Angus Deayton) but Ramsay was too slow off the mark for Hislop and Merton.

Other amusing hosts have been the MP Boris Johnson (whom is a total twit and really ought to be leader of the Tory party.. ) and the actor Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave).

I have a compilation video of a much earlier series of HIGNFY; one of them was when the MP Roy Hattersley cancelled his appearance at the last minute and was replaced by a tub of lard.... In another show, the late Paula Yates was annoyed with Ian Hislop and she called him "the spawn of the Devil"
You can get the shows on UKNova, which is cool, I only get a handful depending on who is the presenter, and the GR one was great stuff...

And late Paula Yates? When did she carp it then?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:23 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You're kidding? How could you miss all the hype over her herion overdose? Google says she died in 2000.
Sir Bob took in all the kids, including the youngest who had previously lost her father whatshisname? and was left parentless. Sad.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 9:28 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

Originally Posted by Bob
You can get the shows on UKNova, which is cool, I only get a handful depending on who is the presenter, and the GR one was great stuff...

She died on 17 September 2000 of a heroin overdose.

There was a bit of a custody battle over who would look after her youngest daughter (Tiger Lily) whom she had with the late (Aussie) Michael Hutchence. His half-sister wanted to raise her, but her ex-husband Bob Geldof is raising her with her three older half-sisters.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/y...aula_yates.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1013404.stm

(Her hairstyle always seemed to remind me of the Moors Murderer Myra Hindley.....)
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 10:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
You're kidding? How could you miss all the hype over her herion overdose? Google says she died in 2000.
Sir Bob took in all the kids, including the youngest who had previously lost her father whatshisname? and was left parentless. Sad.
sounds vaguely familiar....couldn't say I'd pay that much attention to her though...
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
sounds vaguely familiar....couldn't say I'd pay that much attention to her though...
Wasn't she devastated because Jess Yates wasn't her real father?

A talentless woman. could never understand how she got on TV.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:27 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
COuldn't they have got anyone better than Eamonn Holmes??
It was weird enough seeing Johnny Vaughn host that show about a town which got axed after one show and Amanda Byram do the awful 'Swan' then Cat Deeley hosted that Dance program.
Did that JV thing get binned after a show ??
I always liked him but wondered how he ever got over here to do it seeing as he did bird for being a coke dealer.

Amanda Byram is just an arse and the phoney yank accent she put on turned me - how could anyone give her a job if they even saw 2 seconds of the big breakfast ??
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:14 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Did that JV thing get binned after a show ??
I always liked him but wondered how he ever got over here to do it seeing as he did bird for being a coke dealer.

Amanda Byram is just an arse and the phoney yank accent she put on turned me - how could anyone give her a job if they even saw 2 seconds of the big breakfast ??
I never saw that Johnny Vaughn show again so I assumed it got axed.
Amanda Byram - pride of Ireland then ? Ergh - she's horrible
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no surprise here...cancelled after one show!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:19 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
COuldn't they have got anyone better than Eamonn Holmes??
It was weird enough seeing Johnny Vaughn host that show about a town which got axed after one show and Amanda Byram do the awful 'Swan' then Cat Deeley hosted that Dance program.
Johnny Vaughn is brill. I listen to him on the internet doing the breakfast show on the radio for Capital...its evening here and I get to hear all the goss and the traffic reports in London....How sad am I...
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
....How sad am I...
But your big ummm!! ears make up for it ......
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:25 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I thought that Ant & Dec were supposed to be appearing on a US TV programme but I think it's possibly been mothballed - apparently the audience couldn't understand their Geordie accents!
Thank *** for that I can't stand those two geordie pricks I'd sooner slide down a razor blade using my balls as brakes than watch them.

Last edited by Thydney; Nov 7th 2006 at 11:34 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:29 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Wasn't she devastated because Jess Yates wasn't her real father?

A talentless woman. could never understand how she got on TV.
Her real dad was Hughie Green I think I'd top myself if he were my dad and I was with that tool Hutchins
Old Nov 7th 2006, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
Her real dad was Hughie Green I think I'd top myself if he were my dad and I was with that tool Hutchins
That's right - I wasn't sure as it just sounded too weird.