British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/tonight-fox-tv-brit-quiz-show-eamonn-holmes-405581/)

Englishmum Nov 1st 2006 9:56 pm

Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

Fox TV does seem to have a lot of shows with their origins from Blighty.

I've just looked at my TV guide and there is a show on tonight called "The Rich List" - which I suspect is from the UK. The guide says:

...."British TV personality Eamonn Holmes hosts this program that features teams of strangers who use knowledge and strategy to complete lists, hoping to win unlimited amounts of money". (Series Premiere).

In our area (NY metro - Eastern time) it is on Fox Ch.5 from 9pm to 10pm.

*** Eamonn Holmes is originally from Belfast and used to be on GMTV breakfast TV on weekday mornings for quite a few years.

http://www.fox.com/richlist/

http://www.fox.com/richlist/bios/holmes.htm

I thought that Ant & Dec were supposed to be appearing on a US TV programme but I think it's possibly been mothballed - apparently the audience couldn't understand their Geordie accents!

Bob Nov 1st 2006 10:05 pm

Re: Tonight on Fox TV... (Brit?) quiz show with Eamonn Holmes

So he's finally left GMTV...blimey...I use to watch that *lol*...but then they did have ulrika as the weather bird back then :D

jen_andreson Nov 1st 2006 10:54 pm

He does Sky news in the morning, and has a radio call in show on the weekends (football stuff). I only remember that as there was a big fuss when he left/quit GMTV (and left his wife/tabloid scandal stuff).

I saw an advert for this show calling it the greatest or most popular (something like that) game show from Britain...I wonder if it even exists over there!

It might be one of those test shows...filmed in the UK using American expats so that it looks and sounds like it's filmed here (my husband was in an American expat group when we lived there and they were always getting asked to volunteer for this type of thing). Or, maybe he's quit Sky and his footie show.

Irn-bru Nov 2nd 2006 12:47 am

I can't believe I have moved here and that twat followed me here :mad: Do they not have enough presenters here?

Sally Nov 2nd 2006 12:55 am

When we were in England this summer Viz had a spoof article on him - things like he'd had his gullet surgically enlarged to allow him to shovel in more Battenburg - my Mum thought it was for real and was suitably impressed, she even told her friend that he wouldn't let his wife see him naked and used a bathing machine to get into bed.

BigDavyG Nov 2nd 2006 1:08 am

I know they say this is a UK show - but wasn't there a show years ago that did this - the whole bidding to name things in a list thing ??

Eamon Holmes is still a gimp no matter what side of the atlantic he's on

BigDavyG Nov 2nd 2006 1:15 am

Sorry - its not even that good - if you lose the list the other team don't even have to steal it - this is a bit gay but no doubt i'll watch it to the end as I am comfy on the sofa for now :o

Jerseygirl Nov 2nd 2006 1:17 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Sorry - its not even that good - if you lose the list the other team don't even have to steal it - this is a bit gay but no doubt i'll watch it to the end as I am comfy on the sofa for now :o

With plenty of Cadbury's no doubt. :p

BigDavyG Nov 2nd 2006 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
With plenty of Cadbury's no doubt. :p

Well I did have a few digestives with my dinner :o
I still have a load to get through before crimbo trip home and about 7 bottles of lucozade.

Sally Nov 2nd 2006 1:20 am

Stop calling it crimbo it sets my teeth on edge

Jerseygirl Nov 2nd 2006 1:21 am

Well I did have a few digestives with my dinner :o
I still have a load to get through before crimbo trip home and about 7 bottles of lucozade.

haha you'll soon look like Eamonn Holmes haha :D

BigDavyG Nov 2nd 2006 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
haha you'll soon look like Eamonn Holmes haha :D

I don't think there are enough digestives on the planet - oh and in order to look like eamonn I'd need someone to hit me round the face a few times with a baseball bat :eek:

Rushman Nov 2nd 2006 4:47 am

I know they say this is a UK show - but wasn't there a show years ago that did this - the whole bidding to name things in a list thing ??

It's "Name that tune" FFS only instead of an ugly scouse git theres a little fat irish git.

Sarah Nov 2nd 2006 6:39 pm

COuldn't they have got anyone better than Eamonn Holmes??
It was weird enough seeing Johnny Vaughn host that show about a town which got axed after one show and Amanda Byram do the awful 'Swan' then Cat Deeley hosted that Dance program.

Sally Nov 2nd 2006 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah
COuldn't they have got anyone better than Eamonn Holmes??
It was weird enough seeing Johnny Vaughn host that show about a town which got axed after one show and Amanda Byram do the awful 'Swan' then Cat Deeley hosted that Dance program.

You need to get out more.