Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"The Tomorrow People"

"The Tomorrow People"

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default "The Tomorrow People"

Greetings all!! I hope all of you are having a great new year so far. Now, on to the subject of this post.

I'm sure most of you will remember the 70's British tv show "The Tomorrow People". Anyway, I just purchased the complete series on dvd, and I find it rather fasinating. My favorite episode being "The Blues and the Greens", since it deals with racism in a way that children can understand quite easily.

Of course, like all dvd's, this one has commentary by the original cast members on several episodes. This, then, is the main reason for this post. I had to pick myself up off the floor at least once, and wipe tears from my eyes on several occasions.

Why?

Because it's that bleedin' funny, that's why.

From their cracks about not getting along with one another (during taping of the series) to their barbs about the war in Iraq, to wondering if the producers were pedophiles for making them appear in their underpants during one episode. I simply have not laughed that hard in years.

Anyway, I heartily recommend the "Tomorrow People" dvd series for either purchase or rental. Uproarous laughs are gauranteed.

Last edited by Jabba1; Jan 3rd 2006 at 8:43 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 12:10 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Tomorrow People"

I have been trying to get Bagpuss on Region 1, it seems to be impossible. I also want to get Not the Nine O'Clock News for some strange reason I have been saying the "Swedish Pharmacy Deodorant" sketch for the last few days!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
I have been trying to get Bagpuss on Region 1, it seems to be impossible. I also want to get Not the Nine O'Clock News for some strange reason I have been saying the "Swedish Pharmacy Deodorant" sketch for the last few days!

Not surprising. I was damned lucky to find TP on dvd, you might never be able to get ahold of those two on dvd.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:06 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Not surprising. I was damned lucky to find TP on dvd, you might never be able to get ahold of those two on dvd.
Can I have a lend of Tommorow's People ? I've got all three series (the Holy Trinity) of Father Ted (region 1) on DVD and we could swap whilst I watch TP.

Actually that give me an idea...
Old Jan 4th 2006, 2:07 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

... I also want to get Not the Nine O'Clock News for some strange reason I have been saying the "Swedish Pharmacy Deodorant" sketch for the last few days!
Would you like me to rustle up a hedgehog sandwich?

Old Jan 4th 2006, 4:03 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Would you like me to rustle up a hedgehog sandwich?

Put your head in between them and go blubble, blubble, blubble with American Express
Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:47 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Put your head in between them and go blubble, blubble, blubble with American Express
"Would you like to feel my t*ts too?"