Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Today is "Friday the 13th" ... ummmmmmmmmm ...

Wikiposts

Today is "Friday the 13th" ... ummmmmmmmmm ...

Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:55 am
Franklin

Default Today is "Friday the 13th" ... ummmmmmmmmm ...

Well, anyone faced a very frightening experience, maybe something that grazed your face while walking in the dark ... something that gave you goose bumps ... maybe even something that touched your ankle or leg while wadding along a shoreline... something probably innocent but scared the living daylights out of you! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Feb 13th 2004 at 10:13 am.

Old Feb 13th 2004, 8:58 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today is "Friday the 13th" ... ummmmmmmmmm ...

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
Well, anyone faced a very frightening experience, maybe something that grazed your face while walking in the dark ... something that gave you goosepumps ... maybe even something that touched your ankle or leg while wadding along a shoreline... something probably innocent but scared the living daylights out of you! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Or some moron threating to sue you!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Well this morning my daughter was sideswiped on the way to work by a snowbird- and the old duffer took off, didn't stop- anyway the insurance company has been brilliant and have already approved the repairs (RECOMMEND LIBERTY MUTUAL).

This afternoon she had a doctor's appointment and phoned to say she's pregnant YEY!! So, a bad morning, wonderful afternoon and out for a celebratory dinner tonight- its been a bloody great day for us

Here's a tingler.... My father died 20 years ago today- and the new baby is due on his birthday.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:34 am
Franklin

Originally posted by Taffyles
Well this morning my daughter was sideswiped on the way to work by a snowbird- and the old duffer took off, didn't stop- anyway the insurance company has been brilliant and have already approved the repairs (RECOMMEND LIBERTY MUTUAL).

This afternoon she had a doctor's appointment and phoned to say she's pregnant YEY!! So, a bad morning, wonderful afternoon and out for a celebratory dinner tonight- its been a bloody great day for us

Here's a tingler.... My father died 20 years ago today- and the new baby is due on his birthday.
You must be very pleased (about the new grandchild on the way!) CONGRATS.

Sorry that it is also a sad day (re: your father). Life is up and down.

Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Friday the 13th, Freddy vs. Jason. What a fight!!! I was pulling for Freddy, but I think Jason won in the end. Anyway, up next it's Alien vs. Predator. Place your bets!!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:24 am
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the new baby news. Another little miracle to enrich our lives!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

You must be very pleased (about the new grandchild on the way!) CONGRATS.

Sorry that it is also a sad day (re: your father). Life is up and down.

Thanks! We're all delighted and it was great to give my mother good news today- she's chuffed and planning her next trip out now. . My Dad adored my daughter for the few years he knew her, so its so strange that her first child is due on his birthday.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

something that grazed your face while walking in the dark ... something that gave you goose bumps ... maybe even something that touched your ankle or leg
And may I ask if you sued them?

Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:18 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by manc1976

*LOL* ... no, I think a legal doctrine called "assumption of risk" will cover such situations, I mean to say, if you take a paddle in a lake known to have fish in it, then you assume the risk one of them will brush up against you, but it is fact dependent, if the lake was owned by someone and there were signs saying it was safe to swim (no fish) and you get a nip from a pike, maybe a big nip ... then yeah, you will probably have a "cause of action" as lawyers like to say.

Old Feb 13th 2004, 2:40 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
Friday the 13th, Freddy vs. Jason. What a fight!!! I was pulling for Freddy, but I think Jason won in the end. Anyway, up next it's Alien vs. Predator. Place your bets!!!
Can't be bothered renting the vid to see who won that one. Was it Jason ?
Alien v Predator - my money's on the Alien.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Can't be bothered renting the vid to see who won that one. Was it Jason ?
Alien v Predator - my money's on the Alien.
Good! I'll take Predator. The Alien can't even handle Sigourney Weaver, he'll be toast against the much more savage Predator.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:52 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by manc1976

Perhaps not.

He went paddling in a murky NG, publicly known to be a forum for asiduously minded individuals and was nibbled.

Enter at your own risk?
Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

13 is my lucky number!!!

My money is on the Predator any day.

If he has to nuke himself to finish off the Alien does that count as a draw?