British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/tips-attending-interview-e2-derivative-visa-794507/)

raf rose Apr 19th 2013 11:30 am

Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

I am applying for E2 derivative visa and got interview with US Embassy in London in few weeks, please share some tips.. i will be very thankful.

Regards

Pulaski Apr 19th 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Tips

I suggest this question would be better asked in the US Immigration and Visas sub-forum.

DavidLemon Apr 19th 2013 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by raf rose (Post 10667710)
I am applying for E2 derivative visa and got interview with US Embassy in London in few weeks, please share some tips.. i will be very thankful.

Regards

Your process should be cut and dry. You are married to an E-2 holder (take proof of both marriage and the other half's legal status in the US) and you are wanting to join him. TBF your partner did all the hard work getting the E-2, compared to that yours should be a walk in the park.

Dont take anything electronic with you as it will not be allowed into the embassy. There is a Pharmacy near by that allows you to store goods there for a reasonable charge.

Answer all questions honestly as they are asked. Do not try to interprete their questions and answer according to your interpretation, ask them to repeat anything you dont understand.

Finally, take a book....You may need it. No idea how many people will be there nor how long your waiting time will be.

Good Luck

ChocolateBabz Apr 19th 2013 1:15 pm

As for the process just answer the questions short and simple, don't get too worked up or excited, the actual embassy bit of the process was very much an anticlimax for us.

The only ’mistake' I made was on our renewal visit, my car door opener (the remote) was on my keyring and that was classed as an electronic device so I had to run along to the chemist the above poster mentioned and have it stored. I felt a bit stupid after remembering not to take my phone, ipad, nook, etc :o

Jerseygirl Apr 19th 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

Originally Posted by raf rose (Post 10667710)

Regards

I have changed the title of your thread. When I saw the title 'Tips' I thought it was another thread about tipping hairdressers, waiters etc. ;)

raf rose Apr 19th 2013 6:21 pm

i am guessing it will be a little tough for me cuz i have been refused to get B1 and denied entry cuz i was travelling on ESTA to see my husband... but thanx a lot guys for your polite tips! and i hope for the best!

bruceba Apr 19th 2013 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by raf rose (Post 10668323)
i am guessing it will be a little tough for me cuz i have been refused to get B1 and denied entry cuz i was travelling on ESTA to see my husband... but thanx a lot guys for your polite tips! and i hope for the best!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes

raf rose Apr 20th 2013 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 10668015)
I have changed the title of your thread. When I saw the title 'Tips' I thought it was another thread about tipping hairdressers, waiters etc. ;)

LOL you are right i didnt think of that! and thanx for changing it into a proper title, now it makes more sence

Boiler Apr 20th 2013 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by raf rose (Post 10669683)
LOL you are right i didnt think of that! and thanx for changing it into a proper title, now it makes more sence

Sense?

raf rose Apr 21st 2013 12:00 am

lol yes :sneaky: